Chapter 59: Helping Lily

Third person's POV

Catherine was overjoyed having her Lily back with her. But it didn't go as smooth as she wanted. Lily was pregnant, and a human who's pregnant with one of them... It was tough.

Lily was in a lot of pain, screaming during the night. She cried and screamed, and Catherine couldn't do more but just holding her and caressing her. Lily hugged Catherine back, hoping that the pain would stop now that they're together. But it didn't.

Catherine held on tight to Lily, and took every squeeze and pull Lily was doing to her. She'd do anything for Lily, because she finally found her wife.

When Lily finally fell asleep, Catherine stayed awake, thinking. She wanted to help Lily, she wanted to figure out how she could make this pregnancy easier on her. And she knew just the person to ask.

So the next day, when Lily was still asleep, Catherine went downstairs. There she saw Marianne preparing the table for breakfast.

"Good morning," She walked to Marianne. "Marianne, I need your help."

Marianne put down the plates and then looked at Catherine. "What can I help you with?"

"It's Lily," Catherine sighed. "She had a difficult night, she was constantly screaming."

Marianne nodded, she knew how that was. "That's normal," She then sat down. "And it sucks."

"But how can I help?" Catherine sat down too. "I can't take seeing her in pain. I feel so helpless."

"I don't think you can do much, Catherine."

Catherine looked down, she wasn't pleased with that answer. She knew there had to be something she could do.

"Listen," Marianne started, making Catherine look at her. "The best thing you can do for her is being there for her. Support her through this tough period."

"I'm trying, but it doesn't feel like I'm doing enough." Catherine got up. "I want to make her feel good."

Marianne then chuckled. "You know what Peter always did when I was pregnant with my children?"

Catherine shook her head.

"He kissed my belly, he said his mother told him that that would calm the baby." She then smiled, remembering how it felt to have her unborn daughter inside her. "Your mother had her own thing too."

"Like what?"

Marianne smiled, she loved talking to Catherine, especially when it involved Catherine's mother. It connected them. "Your father would bite her," Marianne started which immediately gained an unamused expression from Catherine. "But instead of sucking out blood, he actually gave her blood."

That's when Catherine's eyebrows raised. "But if I'm giving Lily blood, that'd change her into one of us."

"Normally, yes. But during a pregnancy, all of Lily's blood goes to her baby." Marianne then got a hold of Catherine's shoulder. "Which is why she's screaming. Her blood is been taken from her."

"Ok," Catherine then nodded, understanding what she had to do. "Let Remy bring us breakfast on bed." Catherine hurried to the stairs. "And add some red meat on the plates too."

"I will."

____________________________

Lily's POV

I slowly opened my eyes, unfortunately, it was morning. I didn't want to wake up, I was too tired. I wanted to sleep, I wanted this pain to stop. Why wasn't it stopping? I had hoped that, with Catherine here, it would end or at least lessen.

"Hey," Catherine laid back down next to me. "You're awake." She then wrapped her arms around me, pulling us closer to each other. "I know how we can take care of your pain." She caressed my belly.

"Really?" I got so interested now, I'd do anything to get rid of that pain. "How?"

Catherine smiled before kissing me. I wasn't expecting her to kiss me, but I gave in and I enjoyed it. Catherine kissed her way to my jaw, then to my neck, then to her bite mark. She kissed around it before biting it again.

My eyes shot open. "Catherine?"

She held me still, and was doing something. She wasn't sucking blood, she was doing something else. Something which felt good. It felt great.

After a few minutes, she pulled back. "And? How are you feeling?"

"Great," I then felt my neck, there was no blood. "What did you do?"

"I gave you my blood," She smiled. "The baby is hurting you because you're sharing the same blood. But since the baby is my kind, it needs a lot of blood."

"So you helped?" I smiled. "Thank you."

"Anything for you, my love." She then kissed me again. And I let her. I think it's fair to say that I really forgave her for what she did.

____________________________

After breakfast, Catherine said she'd stay home until the baby was here. And I loved that, I'd love spending all of this time with her. But at the same time, I didn't want her to not work for 8 months. So I encouraged her to go. And with Marianne's help, it worked, she went to work.

"So how are you feeling?" Marianne asked as we were seated on the couch.

"I'm doing fine," I smiled at her, I had truly missed her. "I'm happy to be back. I missed all of you. I missed this house. I missed Catherine. I even missed her office."

Marianne chuckled. "We missed you too, Lily." She then came closer, patting my leg. "And I'm so happy you're the one for her. Her mother would've loved you."

I smiled then. "I'm sad that I can't meet her. Did you know her?"

Marianne's smile then dropped, she looked down.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to hurt you."

"I know," She looked at me. "You know, before we knew for sure you were the one, I wanted to tell you all. I felt that you cared, but I couldn't tell Catherine's story to just anyone."

"W-what do you mean?"

She sighed. "What happened to Catherine's mother was tragic, but it wasn't an accident," She then looked me straight in the eyes. "She was murdered."