Chapter 62: Baby's born

Lily's POV

Catherine took amazing care of me during the pregnancy that only lasted 2 months... 2 months, that's all the preparation I got. By the time I found out, through Catherine's syringe-test, I had already past half of my pregnancy... That still blew me away.

Anyway, Catherine helped me during that period. She came home sooner than usual, she stayed home longer in the mornings and she made sure I had meals that consisted of the necessary nutrients. She was great.

Even during the night, when I'd scream out in pain, or when I'd throw up or suddenly had mood swings... She took it all. She stuck by my side and helped me get through it, and really proved herself as a parent.

And so, when the time came for me to deliver the baby, she was there. And even for this moment, her staff and the BC had planned everything out for us. It's safe to say I really felt like I was royalty.

I gave birth in our house, in the nursery though, but still in our house. Catherine wasn't there, nor were the nurses and a doctor. The only people that were there were Marianne and one of the two doctors. Why? Because they were human. They told me later that only humans were with me because I'd lose a lot of blood during the delivery, and it could trigger some of them.

But when everything was cleaned, and the baby was safe with me, Catherine was allowed access to us. And she immediately came to us, hugging us when she was near. She kissed our baby and then me.

"What's the gender?" She'd ask, a smile on her face before she even knew the answer.

"It's a girl," I'd say. "And she's perfect."

We spent a lot of time there, in the nursery, together. Catherine slept with me in the bed while our baby girl was in a crib right next to us.

Over the next few days, people would visit us. They'd all bring gifts and asked to see the newly-born future leader. Most also asked for our baby's name, but Catherine told them she couldn't tell them. We had to announce that through the BC. I didn't even know why.

And so, in the days that followed, a member of the BC came into our room. He was very polite, and showed a lot of respect towards us, even towards me... He asked if he could take a family picture, the one that'd be spread around their world. Catherine agreed and so the famous picture was taken. 

When that was done, Catherine announced the name of our baby to him. And that way, it got announced to their people. And indeed, when Catherine showed me their news broadcast, our picture alongside the name of our baby girl was visible for all to see. Lady Emily Le Rouge, it read.

I was very proud of my daughter, though I also knew now that people had seen this, the news would soon spread to the humans. And I didn't tell my family yet...

_____________________________

I paced around the living room, biting my nails in the process. I looked out the window, still no sign of them. I then continued walking around.

"Lily," Catherine said, she was seated on the couch. She wasn't nervous at all, in fact, I wondered if she could be nervous. She always appeared so cool. "Relax." See, what I mean...

I looked at her. "I'm about to tell my parents I've got a daughter," I then sat down in front of her. "Can I be a bit nervous for that?"

Catherine showed me a reassuring smile. "They'll love our princess."

I then smiled, I couldn't help but smile at how proud Catherine was of our daughter. "I hope so."

"Why wouldn't they?"

"Because she's one of your kind, Catherine." I then got up again, looking out the window. "Where are they?"

"You've given them this address, right?"

I looked at Catherine, thinking. Then I nodded. "Yeah," I looked outside the window again. "I would never give them our address."

"Good." Catherine got up suddenly, gaining my attention. She walked to the kitchen.

I looked back out the window. Then I saw dad's big car, he must've taken the whole family... "Catherine, they're here!" I shouted as I hurried to the front door. I opened it and smiled. "Welcome."

They all entered and then walked to the couch I showed them to sit on. "How have you been, Lily?" Mom asked, she immediately smiled at me.

"Nice house." Avan said while looking around.

"How did you get this house?" Dad asked, he already sounded suspicious.

"Listen," I breathed deeply in and out. "I've asked you all to meet me here because I've made my decision."

"Took you long enough." Uncle Bill joked and chuckled afterwards, so did the others.

I smiled a bit. "I've decided not to move with you all," When I had said that, they all stopped chuckling and looked rather sad. "I have a duty now."

"A duty?" Mom sounded so worried. "What happened, honey?"

I looked down for a bit, looking for the right words. "I reconnected with Catherine and we - "

"How is it possible that my daughter is so stupid?!" Dad exclaimed while standing up, he was pissed. And he was about to get even angrier.

But I didn't let him get to me anymore. "I'm happy with Catherine, she's taken care of me during the hardest time in my life."

"Lily, what happened?" Mom once again asked.

I breathed deeply in and out before saying: "I have a daughter."

They all raised their eyebrows, shock washed over their faces while they clearly couldn't muster any words.

"Catherine got me pregnant, it's a thing of her kind, and I gave birth to our daughter." I then smiled, hoping to show them how happy I am. "And I'd love for you all to meet her."

"So you're telling me you've given birth to the next Mother Superior?" Dad was boiling with anger, he looked like he was about to explode...

So I ignored him. I looked at the rest, who seemed to recognize my happiness. "Well?"

"Is she here?" Aunt Susan asked, already looking around.

"She is," I then looked towards the kitchen. "Catherine?"

Then everyone looked towards the kitchen, waiting to see Catherine. And when Catherine showed herself, alongside our baby girl, they all seemed to realize I was indeed telling the truth.

Catherine sat down next to me and kept her eyes solely on our baby girl. I was looking from Emily to my family. "This is our daughter," I said as I gently rubbed Emily's cheek. "Emily."

"She's beautiful," Mom said, immediately making me smile and relaxing the others. It's as if Avan and his parents weren't sure what they were supposed to do. "She looks like you, honey."

I smiled as I looked at Catherine, who smiled too. I then looked at my family. "So I hope you all understand that I can't join you, I have to be with my family now."

"We are your family, Lily!" Dad now paced around, angrily. "That thing," He pointed at Emily. "Is not my granddaughter!" He shouted, making Emily cry.

Catherine, seeing her daughter cry, got angry. She groaned, showing signs of changing into her bloody-form, a thing I didn't need now.

I got up, looking at my dad. "Emily's my family, but you are no longer are!" I then got up and walked to the front door, opening it. "Goodbye!"

Dad walked to me, he looked me deeply in the eyes before shaking his head. Then he left.