Chapter 55: Moving on

Lily's POV

I was standing by the window, looking around the neighborhood. Every little movement, every car that past by, every person that walked by... I saw it all. I was wondering how my parents would show up, and if they'd come alone.

Then I saw it, my dad's big car. He only uses that one when he brings in more people.

I let out a breath, trying to calm down. He wouldn't take his team with him, right? He wouldn't turn me in to the CAT. But what if he does? Would it be that bad?

The doorbell rang. I walked to it and opened the door, seeing the people I had missed the most: my family.

"Lily!" Avan immediately pulled me in for a hug. "I missed you!"

I smiled as I hugged him back. It's been more than a month since I've last seen him. I really missed him.

"How are you?" He asked as he pulled back. Then his eyes widened a bit. "She bit you!"

My parents and his parents came closer, all looking at the bite marks on my neck. "It's fine." I then went aside, letting them all enter the house.

"So who's house is this?" Mom asked as she looked around.

"A friend's." I sat down on the couch and watched them sit down as well. "I left the Mother Superior."

"Good," Dad said, gaining a nod from mom and Avan's parents. Avan, surprisingly, didn't seem to agree. I wonder if he could see I wasn't happy about it. "So you're coming with us?"

"Where would we go?"

"Anywhere," Mom then reached for my hand. "As long as we're together, and safe."

"Absolutely," Uncle Bill smiled at me. "We really missed having you around, it was a difficult time for Avan."

Avan smiled from his father to me.

I looked at him. "What about Mabel?"

He shrugged. "Family's more important," And with that, I knew enough. He would break up with his girlfriend just to be with me. But is that what I wanted? "Right?"

I looked down.

"Lily," Mom got up and sat down next to me, she wrapped her arms around me. "What's wrong?"

"I want to be safe, and with you all," I looked down. "But I don't know about moving." I then looked at them. "I like it here."

"We can't stay," Dad started to which the rest nodded. "The CAT is still looking for you."

I sighed.

"Listen," Dad now reached for my hand. "We'll be together when we move." He then paused. "Why don't you think about it and let us know when you know for sure?"

I looked at him and slowly smiled, that sounded more like my dad. I nodded. "Thank you."

______________________________

"I'm home!" Riley entered the house, smiling and humming as usual. She was always happy whenever she got home.

"I'm in the kitchen."

Riley came to me and then kissed my cheek. "How was your day?" She took a glass of water before standing next to me.

I was busy making us dinner. "It was fine," I then looked at her. "I talked to my family."

"You met up with them?" She asked to which I nodded. "Here?"

I nodded again. "I hope you don't mind."

"Of course not," She then smiled. "So how did it go?"

I nodded. "It went well actually," I then started cutting the vegetables. "They were very understanding."

"Ultimately family wants what's best for you," She then took a few vegetables as well, helping me out. "I think."

"How's your family?"

She shrugged. "I don't really talk to them."

"Why not?"

She sighed. "The day I got together with Catherine, they dumped me." She then poured the sliced vegetables into the hot pan. "But it's fine, I learned to live with it."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

She smiled a bit. "It's fine," Then she looked at the ingredients. "So what else needs to happen?"

______________________________

After dinner, Riley and I watched an episode of one of her tv shows. Honestly, I didn't care about that show. Nor did I know the name of it. But it was nice to spend time with her.

Around 10, I got up.

"Where are you going?"

I walked towards the kitchen. "I'm hungry."

"At this hour?"

I shrugged and entered the kitchen. I opened the fridge, looking for something to eat.

"There's some chips in the cupboard above the stove."

"Thanks!" I didn't look at the chips, I wasn't interested in that. I went back to the fridge. I looked at all the food we had there. Then my eyes landed on the food I wanted.

I went back to Riley.

"Did you find it?" She then looked straight at me. "Why are you eating salami?"

I shrugged. "I wanted that." I took another piece. "Besides, there wasn't anything else."

"But I told you about the chips."

"I know," I swallowed the piece I took. "But I wanted meat." I then stopped and looked at her. "Is that weird?"

She shrugged, but her face said it all: she thought I was behaving weirdly.

20 minutes later, I finished all the salami. 

"Well, I'm going to bed," Riley turned off the tv and got up. "Are you coming?"

I looked at the kitchen, I'd love having more to eat. But I knew I'd better not eat more. I then looked at her. "Yeah," I got up. "Let's go."

We got upstairs and got dressed for bed. We then got in bed. We slept in the same room, in the same bed. Because Riley didn't have another bedroom, or another bed. She asked me, at first, if that'd be a problem, but it wasn't for me. Honestly, I was just happy and thankful I could stay here.

"Goodnight, Lily." Riley then turned off the lights.

"Goodnight, Riley."

And so we turned on our side, our backs facing each other. I closed my eyes, trying to fall asleep. Though, I soon realized that would be a difficult thing: my stomach was growling. Pretty loudly.

I forcefully kept my eyes shut, trying to focus on falling asleep. But it seemed like the more I focused on falling asleep, the more my stomach started growling.

Then it happened. 

I screamed loudly. Riley, from the shock, turned on the lights and looked at me. "Lily? What's wrong?" She felt my face. "What's wrong?" She repeated.

I kept screaming, I started crying as well.

"Lily?" She tried desperately figuring out why I was screaming. And I tried desperately to stop screaming, to tell her what was wrong. But I couldn't stop.