Absolute world

Fletch was sitting with tears streaming down his face
The bar man came over
"Alright mate. I think you've had enough"
He took the bottle of whiskey
"Anything I can do? Call a cab, call someone for you?"
Fletch tried to speak through his tears
"No one can do anything. That woman who was  in here before. I love her more than life itself and she was here with the love of her life who has come back. I know exactly how she feels about him"
The barman regarded the broken man before him
"Are you Fletch?"
Fletch looked at the barman in confusion
"How do you know my name?"
"She was talking about you" the barman took a seat next to Fletch
"Talking about me?"
"Yeah. Now I'm a bit of an old woman for gossip which makes this job perfect for me. I lingered when I was taking their food over cos I was intrigued. Were they a couple, what were they talking about"
"And?"
"Well from what I can gather, Joseph is he called - the one with the posh accent?"
"Yes that's him. Rich, handsome"
"Anyway from what I gathered he'd asked her to get back with him and she told him that she didn't love him anymore, that she was with an amazing man who she loved more than she'd ever loved anyone"
"No no. I saw their body language. You must have it wrong"
"Mate she described you as her absolute world, I'm not wrong"
"Her absolute world?" Fletch murmured
"Her absolute world. She's a stunner mate. If you ask me you are a very lucky man"
"Well if what you say is true I'm a very silly man, who didn't stick around to find out the truth and came here to drown my sorrows. I should've trusted her but she told me about him - before we were together and she was so upset and overwhelmed by talking about her love for him I naturally assumed that there were still feelings there. When he turned up she just stopped dead, said his name and took him into her office. I was standing right next to her. She didn't even acknowledge me"
"You both work over the road"
"Yeah, She's a consultant, I'm just a nurse"
"Ah but you are her absolute world" the barman grinned "I'm Tony by the way"
"Urgh what am I gonna do?" He said shaking Tony's hand
"Well you definitely can't go back to work in that state"
"Perhaps you just need to go home and sleep it off and then maybe talk to her?"
"I'll call you a cab"
"Thanks mate" Fletch said and gave him the address
He then texted Frieda
Not feeling too good. Gone home sick. Fletch
He couldn't face contacting Jac yet