Mac

Fletch looked at his phone. Christ is this a good idea?
His kids were at their grandparents this weekend. His late wife Natalie's parents had softened towards him since her death when they saw how he tried to mend his ways and be a good dad to their kids and they often had them over a weekend to give Fletch a break.
So with the kids gone he was free to start operation Naylor having a life outside of work.
He jumped when the phone rang and Mac, the next door neighbour's pug barked
"Sshh mate gotta speak to the ice queen"
"Hi you all squeaky clean now?"
"Erm yes I guess so. What can I do for you?"
Jac smirked to herself when she thought of all the things she'd like to do for him as she sat just in a bath towel. Good job they weren't face timing
What can you do for me thought Fletch. Christ don't go there
"What are you doing tomorrow?"
"Nothing planned why"
She hoped it didn't involve going into work and auditing notes
"Well I'm after a favour"
"Right"
"I'm looking after my neighbour's dog for the weekend whilst they are at a wedding. I remember you saying you love dogs. I am pretty clueless and so I wondered if you would come down to the beach tomorrow and help me walk Mac"
When had she told him she loved dogs.? I mean it was true. Some of the only happy memories of her childhood were of the family dog before her mother abandoned her and she ended up in care. She realised she must have talked about it on one of the times he had come to see her in hospital.
"That sounds great. I don't think I'm up to running around but I can walk and throw a ball. What sort of dog is he?"
"He's a pug" said Fletch dancing round the room at her agreeing to come out. Mac gave him a derisory look and walked out of the room
"Cute"
"He's a little git. Anyway shall I pick you up at about 10?"
"Great.you know the address?"
"Yeah remember I dropped you home in the snow last year when your fancy Audi couldn't get you out of the car park"
She laughed. He loved that laugh
"OK I'll see you then. Night"
"Night Jac"
Fletch hung up. "I love you by the way" he said to the blank screen