47

17th January 2019

I drove to Daniels house. I hopped out of my car. I rang the bell. Daniel opened. I pulled him into a hug. He chuckled not knowing what was going on.

We sat down on the sofa. We were just talking about our days and life. I began to place wet kissed on his neck. I nibbled on his ear and then slowly moved to his lips.

Daniel tried to remove my clothes. It all snapped into my head. I wasn't here to have sex. I was here to tell him about the baby.

"Daniel, I need to talk to you." I pulled away as his needy lips tried to continue.

"What is it?" He gave me a concerned look.

"Promise you won't get mad. You need to hear me out. I need your support as much as possible..." I looked up at him.

"Alissa? What is it?"

"I'm pregnant..." I muttered

"What?" Oh god. I one word answer.

"Congratulations..?" I gave him a weak smile.

"Alissa? What are we going to do?"

"I'm keeping the baby. I'm not a aborting baby or putting him or her up for adoption. I don't care."

"Yeah... I agree... but... that's a baby. We are figuring ourselves out."

"I know..." I looked down at the floor.

"We need to tell our parents?"

"Today?"

"No, when's the first scan? We need to confirm it."

"I haven't booked one, I probably should..." "Oh my god! What if we can't do this?!" I threw my hands in the air and then put my hands through my hair.

"Alissa, As rare as it may be, it could be a false positive. Book the appointment for tomorrow"

***

I had just gotten off of the phone with the gp. I was feeling so anxious. "When's the appointment?" Daniel asked.

"Tomorrow, at 8am. How am I meant to get out of the house and not get caught by my mum. I don't want her to know." I groaned.

"Stay at mine. Mum and dad will all be asleep. It will be fine."