89

29th June 2019

Shawn and I jumped around our green room as we warmed our voices up for our first performance of "I know what you did last summer"

We ran after each other like little kids. "You guys need to get ready for stage." A security guard said.

"You ready?" Shawn asked with a huge smirk

"As ready as I'll ever be." I giggled as he picked up his guitar.

"You first live performance on kelly and Micheal, that's huge." Shawn explained

"I know." A shaky breath left my mouth. "you've just made me twenty times more nervous." I laughed nervously while shaking me hands off

"Listen to me." Shawn put his hands on my shoulders. "Look at me." He turned my head so I was facing him "you're going to be fine. You've got such a beautiful voice." He said after pecking my lips before a quiet "thanks" left my mouth

***

We stood backstage as we waited to get called in. "Shawn I'm gonna pee myself imma I'm nervous." I clenched my jaw.

"I'm going to explode." You could hear in our voices how nervous we were.

"Just sing it how you rehearsed and you'll be fine." Roger said

"Please welcome Shawn Mendes and alissa!!!" Kelly called out

"It's show time." Andrew said at the exact same time as Shawn and I saying "fuck" under our breaths.

We walked out and there were fans screaming.

We stood by our mic stands Shawn put his guitar around his neck.

We started to sing together then I realised I was starting the song off. "He knows, dirty secrets that I keep does he know it's killing me, he knows he knows, does he know. Another's hands have touched my skin, I won't tell him where I've been, he knows, he knows, he knows." I got really into my character.

Shawn started singing with me and my nerves slowly started disappearing.

When we both started singing together we just got super into the song.

***

"You guys smashed it!" Roger hugged Shawn then me

"Thank you." I smiled. "As soon as Shawn started strumming I was going to pee my pants"

"Try not to because you guys have literally got an interview in 20 minutes so we need to leave now."

***

We got to our next place. It was just a hotel in New York.

We went upstairs where we were met with a whole team of people. We met everyone before we sat down to do an interview.

(I'm going to write this part a little differently. It's going to have the persons first letter of their name and then what they say since it's an interview and it's easier for everyone to understand who's saying what )

"So, I'm with alissa and Shawn Mendes, how are you guys?" She asked

A: we are good - I smiled at the interviewer then Shawn

I: so, let's cut straight to it. How did you guys come up with writing a song together ?

A: so, we were backstage of GMA and Shawn had just finished his performance. Some how a guitar got involved and we had basically sung the first hook of the song and the pre chorus.

S: it was just super natural and fun. We both weren't expecting to come out with a song, until my manager, mr Andrew was like, hey this is a thing it's cool. Alissa wasn't going to do the song but it took a lot of convincing from both of our managers for her to do it and to let us release the song.