102

4th October 2019

"Hey Alissa.." This is the first time Shawn and I had spoken to each other in a while

"Hey Shawn." I smiled softly

"You alright?" He asked

"I just really really miss you, and I just can't wait to see you." A felt a lump in my throat

"I miss you too, we are going to see each other in a month, we can hang on then you're spending a few nights with me. It will be worth it." He tired to reassure me

"I just can't be bothered to do this anymore." A tear fell down my face which I quickly wiped away

"Don't cry, honestly, if I could have you on tour with me, you would be here in a heartbeat."

"It's just so shit being so distant."

"I know it is, but we've got to keep in contact and try and talk as much as possible if we both want this to work, which we both do, right?"

"Yes, of course! It's just so annoying that I can't be there with you."

***

Loads of links started getting sent to me. Millions of pictures of Shawn on my phone blew up my Instagram. "What the?"

I scrolled down Instagram and saw a picture of Shawn crying onstage.

@shawnmendesupdates Instagram

@shawnmendesupdates: Shawn crying onstage tonight during dont be a fool

@shawnmendesupdates: Shawn crying onstage tonight during dont be a fool. I really hope he's okay! ❤️

Comments are blocked on this post

"For fuck sake!!" I shouted in frustration knowing I can't talk to him as he's performing.

I knew the reason he was upset, and that was because our conversation that we had right before he was about to go on stage.

I called Brian. "Is he okay?" I quickly rushed out not saying hi

"I'm guessing you've seen the pictures and videos of Shawn crying on stage."

"Yes Brian, is he okay?"

"He's alright. I think he got a bit emotional over the conversation you guys had over the phone before we went on stage."

"Does he miss me?" I asked because something seemed off with him

"What do you mean by that?" I heard a nervous laugh leave his mouth

"Does he miss me Brian, does he talk about me the way you don't shut up about Aubrey."

"Yeah, of course he does. Why would you think that?"

"It's always me calling him, always me saying I love you, or I miss you. It's never him."

"Alissa, dont say that. He's been busy."

"I could count on my fingers how many times he's called me since he's left."

"Have you told him any of this?"

"I don't want to ruin his mood before he's about to perform."

"I can hear your voice breaking, please don't cry. You guys need to talk properly I know that's hard because of the time zones, but communication it everything. I'll talk to him later on."

"Is he drinking loads?" I asked since he's in Europe

"No shit he is" Brian chuckled "you know, one night we were all back stage in Germany and we all got super drunk and he wouldn't stop going on about how much loves and misses you. Just because he doesn't call you first or say I love you or I miss you first it doesn't mean he doesn't. He says everything to us."

"He's so cute.." I smiled at the thought of him being drunk

"I hope you feel better, I'll talk to Shawn for you. I need to go now though."

"Thank you Brian for making me feel so much better."

"It's fine, anytime"