J-Dog × Reader -My Nightmare

This is something, that popped into my mind, while watching the 'Dove & Grenade Industries' video, and when Jay talked about his father I immediately started crying (as cringy and cliché it sounds).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He sobbed, as he arrived at your house, slowly knocking on the door.

He couldn't stop himself from crying and all he wanted to do, is get help from his best friend.

His best friend was you, who went to the door quickly.

It didn't take you long, and you hugged him.

You took his hand, leading him inside, away from the cold weather outside.

It was snowing and you freezed your ass off.

He came in nothing but a simple shirt, jeans and shoes.

But no jacket or anything, that could protect him from the coldness.

You prepared a blanket, to dry and warm him.

You let him cry into your shoulder, until he calmed down.

When his breathing got normal again, you lifted his head, looking him into his eyes.

When he looked at you, he relaxed.

"Jorel... What's wrong?" you asked softly, trying not to be loud as much as possible.

"I... I w-was at the ho-hospital..." he breathed out and you already knew, what was up.

"N-No..." your hands were clunged to your mouth.

You held each other, sobbing like there's no tomorrow.

"Can I stay at your place for a few days?" he asks and you nodded.

"Of course!" you almost shouted.

Wiping away your tears, you didn't stop cuddling Jay.

"Can I tell you something?" he asked.

"Anything"

"I love you, and not just as a friend... You're so strong and you always fight for me and you cheer me up... You have always been on my side... Thank you for that..." he ended his little speech, by looking at you.

You blushed and so many feelings washed over you.

It was overwhelming.

"I love you too Jay... I will always support and love you..." you mumbled and he smiled.

...

The two of you stood by his grave, holding hands.

"He was a great man... He was like a second father to me..." you smiled at him and he grinned back.

"He would have been a great father in law..." he spoke, laying the flowers down.

"Yeah" you said, glancing down at your interwined fingers, where the wedding ring was seen.

Leaving the cemetery, the two of you never stopped holding hands, not even when he drove the two of you home.

Arriving at your home, you were greeted by Valentine, your cat that you found on the street.

He looked a lot better since back then.

He gained more weight and he ate regularly.

"Hey, buddy..." you laughed while picking up the small cat.

He gained weight, yes, but he was still small.

"I'm preparing dinner" you said, heading to the kitchen.