LXVI. A Very Important Conversation

"We need to talk."

"That's never a good line to hear," Sebastian said, chuckling nervously but quickly cutting himself off.

Matt pulled him aside into an empty classroom, closing the door behind them.

"Okay, so, um, I'm not sure how you're going to take this, but I have to say it sometime, and now's a good a time as ever."

"Matt, what's wrong?" Sebastian asked anxiously.

"You know how I haven't been feeling well this past week? Dizzy spells, nausea, those things?"

"Please just tell me what's wrong," Sebastian said when he paused.

Matt took a breath, resuming his anxious pacing. "It turns out that was actually good. Like, a good sign. You know, like–"

"Matt." Sebastian stood up, setting his hands on Matt's shoulders and stopping his pacing. "Just tell me."

"I'm pregnant." He nervously looked up at Sebastian, not quite meeting his eyes.

It happened so quickly that Matt thought he imagined it. A grin split across Sebastian's face and he hugged him tightly.

Matt hugged back, happy but confused. "You're acting a lot different than I thought you would."

"Are you keeping it?" Sebastian asked, looking at him.

"I mean, do you want me too?"

"Matt, this is your decision. It's your body."

Matt nodded slowly. "To be honest, it didn't even cross my mind to get an abortion. I had no idea this was possible, and I don't want to ruin this chance. So yeah, I'm keeping it."

Sebastian's smile seemed to widen. "Oh, god," he covered his mouth and nose with his hands, in somewhat of a triangle. "Oh, my god. I'm going to be a dad."

"I was nervous about telling you because I thought you were scared of becoming like your father," Matt admitted.

Sebastian shook his head. "I'm terrified." He laughed. "I am absolutely fucking terrified."