Chapter 46: The one with the sleepover

A ways down the road, he asked, "Have you talked to your other friends recently?"

"No... I've been ignoring Herc and Laf.... and John is god knows where..."

"Well, why aren't you talking?"

"Because... i..... I don't know..."

"Well, why don't you text one of them?" George suggested. He just worried about what could happen if Alexander were left friendless. "I'm sure they'd love to hear from you."

He shrugged before nodding, pulling out his phone and texting Lafayette. "Bonjour.....?"

Laf texted back a minute later, "What, Alexander."

"Can we talk... please?"

"About what? You haven't wanted to talk in a while."

"...just...something. How have you been?"

"I am alright. At a party right now." Another text came through, saying, "I know John wishes you were here but he didn't want to bother you to come."

"Oh...Well, I'm staying with Washington right now... Maybe I can ask him if I could go."

"With Washington? Oh." Another message came through a moment later. "It is just us three. Myself, Hercules, and John. John got released last night."

"Would I be okay if I come? I would love to see you guys again.."

"Let me ask John." Ten seconds later, the phone started ringing, with Lafayette's number coming up on the caller I.D.

He smiled, quickly accepting the call. "Hi!"

"Alex?!" It was John on the other end. In the background, Lafayette was saying, "You didn't have to snatch my phone like that!" 

"John!!" He laughed softly. "I've missed you!"

Oh, god, Alex, I've missed you too," he replied, sounding like he was on the brink of tears. "I fucked up so bad the last time we talked. I'm so sorry."

"hey. hey hey hey... It's okay... you sound like you're crying, it's okay... I fucked up too."

"Are you--fuck, one second." He pulled away from the phone to wipe his eyes. "Where are you?" Meaning, was he with Thomas.

"I'm in the car with Washington."

"Oh, okay," he said, sounding relieved. "Are you--did Laf invite you over? I would've invited you, I just...I figured you were still mad at me, you know? You...you didn't come and visit me or anything, so I just...figured..."

"I didn't even know where you were! Of course, I would like to come, dummy!!!.... warning though... I'll have a bruise..."

"Oh, I thought my mom would've told you--holy shit, wait, bruise? A bruise?"

"She did, just really late. And..... I'll talk about it when we get there..."

"Yeah, well, you know who's gonna freak out about it," he replied, talking about both Laf and Herc. "Does Washington know to bring you here?"

"I was going to ask him if I could! Talk to you soon!"

"Alright, alright! I'll see you soon!" He sounded so excited. "Bye!"

He hung up, turning over to George. "Sir...?"

George stopped at a stoplight. "Mhm?"

"May I go hang out with John, Hercules, and Lafayette?"