Jealous?

"Gray! Come here, I need your help!" The blonde Celestial wizard shouted from across the guild hall. As the raven haired Ice Make mage heard his name being called, his head turned towards it and a smile formed on it.

"Hey Lucy, what's up?"

"Can we talk.. alone? I need your help with something.." Blonde questioned while playing with her fingers and looking away, it surely triggered certain Water mage and a Dragon Slayer.

"Love Rival!!" Juvia mumbled angrily behind a wall as the dark aura radiated from her body.

Natsu's eyes carefully examined the situation behind him from a table. Deep growl lied within his throat, and without noticing he let it out. Happy heard the frightening sound and jolted his head to his best friend.

"Natsu? Why are you growling?" Blue neko asked as Natsu turned his attention back to Happy.

"Huh? Did you say something?"

"No, nothing." He exclaimed and flied go Charle, offering her a fish while she continued declining it.

~ after a week ~

"What's the matter, Natsu?" Asked a concerned Take Over mage. She noticed Natsu grumping on the bar, so she figured she could take advantage of the situation.

"Lucy's been hanging out with Ice Princess for a whole damn week, she barely paid any attention to me. We didn't even go to jobs, instead she's going with Ice Pants over there. Ugh.." he complained and sulked into his hands. Mira smiled sweetly as she plotted her plan.

"Well.. maybe she has a crush on him? Or maybe he has a crush on her? They would make a cute couple, don't you think so-" Mira felt a glare on her and she thought it was Natsu, but it was Juvia who was eavesdropping near by.

Natsu felt sadness wash over him, but he shrugged it off, he wasn't planning on letting Lucy go that easily. If he needed to fight for her, he would. Ain't no one gonna take her away from him.

"What the hell are ya talking about, there's absolutely no way that Lucy would fall for someone as dumb and as perverted as Ice fucking Princess!" Natsu slammed his fist on the bar and send a deadly glare towards Gray.

"I'll show him his fucking place.." he finished and began walking to the Ice mage who was happily laughing with Lucy.

"Ice Dumbass!" Natsu growled and violently grabbed his collar. Gray had a confused look, but figured it was nothing more than another meaningless fight between them.

The Slayer threw a heavy punch that hit Gray directly at his jaw, sending him into guilds wall. Gray was covered in dust, but slowly stood up on his feet and cleaned his bloody jaw.

"That was dirty!"

"Come at me!"

As they continued throwing punches Lucy was growing more, and more worried. She thought this behavior was completely unnecessary and dumb.

"What are you doing hanging out with Luce so much, Perv?" Natsu's voice was filled with anger.

"What do you- wait, are you jealous, Flame Brain?" He answered through a laugh which made Natsu much more angrier.

"Just shut your damn mouth!"

"Guys, that's enough!" Lucy yelled as she tried her best to separate them, but failed.

"Don't come closer, Luce, this is between us only!"

"Ugh, fuck that!" She commented and used her Taurus form to punch them both into their stomaches. They gasped for air and laid on the ground while groaning.

~ another few days later ~

"Mira!! I can't do this anymore, I want to hang out with Luce again, I want to go on missions again with her, I want my best friend back!" Natsu yelled in annoyance as he held his head. Mira smiled at him, she knew the time was right to finally tell him the truth.

"Go talk to Lucy, she just came. Go, go!" She pushed him off of the chair. He was confused, but still listened.

"Hey Luce!" He greeted with his signature grin. Lucy flustered from how beautiful he was. Her nervousness came back, she looked at Gray for support and he gave her thumbs up while mouthing 'we practiced, come on'.

"Is everything okay, you're acting weirder than usual.."

"W-Would you mind coming with me outside for a second, I want to give you something.." she nervously asked as he gave her a confirming nod.

They walked outside and there was a small box placed on a bench, Lucy left it there since she felt too embarrassed to give him that in the actual guild.

"H-Happy Birthday, Natsu! I hope you like it!" Her face felt hot, like a sun was burning right on top of it.

"My... birthday? Oh right! I totally forgot!" He laughed and took the box she gave him into his hands.

In it was a picture. The one Natsu and Lucy took after they officially confirmed them becoming a team. Natsu made a goofy face while tugging on Lucy as she failed to make a normal pose.

"I remember when we took this, you really know how to make me happy, Luce!" Natsu smiled sweetly while thinking of how good it will look on his wall full of memories.

He came closer and wrapped his arms around her fragile body and lifted her in the air while he spun her around. Lucy blushed in dark crimson color, but she wasn't finished. She wasn't sure if the next gift was going to be good or bed, she'll know it only after she says it.

"U-Um, I have another thing to say before I'm d-done.." Natsu narrowed his ears, listening carefully.

"I-I like you a l-lot! I liked you for a long time now! Also, I wanted to thank you for protecting me all the time, I know you would do it for anyone, but it still makes me feel special.. I hope you can accept my feelings!" She blurted out as her whole body trembled, her whole heart was poured into those words. She had never been more vulnerable then at this very moment, Natsu had the power to completely destroy her heart and that was the scariest feeling ever.

"Too bad, Luce..." she closed her eyes eyes shut, she could already feel her heart slowly breaking.

"Because I don't like you.." her eyes started watering as the pain grew.

"I love you.." she shot open her eyes at his words, she was so scared only for him to tease her like this... but it didn't matter to her at all. All that mattered was the fact that he felt the same.

Her heart was pounding with happiness, she ran to him and jumped on him, wrapping her arms around his neck while pulling him as close as possible. She felt, for a slight moment, like she lost him. Natsu wrapped his arms around her waist while burying his face in the crock of her neck. He felt happy as well.

——————————————————————

my fingers are so soreeee, i can barely feel them but i hope it was worth it. i hope you like this

Have a wonderful day, bye bye ❤️