My Wish

"Shit! This isn't good!" Ice mage shouted while attacking a fire god dragon. Its body was covered in flames. Not even Natsu could eat all of them.

"I cannot fight against this thing! It's burning all of my armors!" Scarlet haired warrior yelled in annoyance. As much as she swung at the beast it was useless. She felt useless.

Lucy was carried by Happy in her Aquarius star dress. She casted a spell called Aquametria onto the thing, Natsu ate as much flame as he could and Gray shot ice burgs at it, but none of it was enough.

"Lucy! Summon Aquarius! She can help us with her powers!" Natsu snapped. As soon as blonde heard that name her eyes spread out and her heart felt heavier.

Memories of her key breaking filled her mind as her expression dropped.

Dragon slayer saw the shock register on blondes face before she could hide it. He found it weird but couldn't confront her about it right now.

- later -

"That one was the toughest of them all, no wonder it was the last one.."  Gray sighed and dropped to the ground on his back, finally able to grasp a bit of rest.

Just like the rest of the team, they all sat around the fire on a breezy night. But the silence was casted upon them. All of them had the same thing on their minds except Lucy, but non had the courage to say anything about it. Until..

"Luce, what happened earlier? Why didn't you summon Aquarius? She could've helped us big time." Fire mage commented while crossing his arms. Ice mage also got up from his position, everyone waited carefully for Lucy's response.

"I... uh.. I-I'm really tired you guys, I'll skip the talk for tonight. See you all in the morning." Her voice was shaky, like she was on the verge of tears, and Natsu noticed. His chest suddenly felt heavy from guilt, he definitely chose a wrong topic.

Celestial mage went into her tent and closed it shut as the rest of the team was left confused.

"She didn't summon Aquarius since Tartaros, I wonder why..." Erza muttered to no one in particular.

"Maybe they had a fight.." Fire mage suggested.

"I don't think so.. Lucy isn't the type of person to be mad at someone for such a long time, besides it still wouldn't be a reason to not summon her in need." Gray commented as others nodded in agreement.

"Then.. should we ask her in the morning?"

"I dunno.."

All of them soon went into their tents, but Natsu stayed out for a bit longer just to admire the beautiful stary night. That was, until he heard someone's tent opening.

He looked down from the tree bench and noticed his blond friend.

Why's she going out this late?

Since it was a dark night and who knows what could've happen to Lucy on her unusual walk, Natsu decided to follow her in her tracks.

After awhile of just quietly following her he noticed she stopped by the lake. Blonde sat on a dry grass and admired the view.

She let out a heavy sigh before pulling out a necklace she always wore.

Fire mages eyes widened when he saw what it was. A broken key of the water barrier.

"They have no idea how much I wish to summon you, Aquarius.. I miss you so much.." a tear rolled down her face as she looked at the sky, clenching the broken key in her palm.

"I hope you're okay out there somewhere.."

Natsu looked down in shame before he jumped off of the branch. He walked over to the sobbing blonde from behind and sat beside her.