Without You

Fire mage glanced out of the window of his tiny house, he let out a heavy sigh before turning around to his blue fellow.

"What's the matter, Natsu?" Happy flied to him and made himself comfortable in pink haired boys lap as he stroked his fluffy fur.

"It's.. nothing. Don't worry about it, buddy.." he smiled sadly at his friend and looked back out of the window. He looked deep in thought which was surprising for a simple minded mage.

"You're thinking about her, aren't you?" he said with sad tone, remembering how close the two partners were.

Natsu and Lucy, the only people in the guild with such deep bond were now.. strangers.

Natsu still glanced out at the nature, hoping that, maybe, his best friend would show up and talk to him again.

It was a sunny day with a gentle breeze blowing outside, it would be the perfect day for another mission if the two weren't in a fight.

The boy let out another sigh, figuring that's not going to happen.

A year already passed since it happened, you'd think he would stop hoping, but he never did.

"I don't think so, Happy. It's my fault we fought.."

"Then you should apologize, as simple as that. You know Lushi will forgive you.."

"I can't.. she doesn't care about me anymore.. our friendship is n-no more.. " he gritted his teeth as burning tears threatened to fall out of his eyes.

- flashback -

"You're going on a date with that guy again? Natsu spit out with annoyance in his voice, it was already Lucy's third date with the same guy and it drove the boy mad.

"Yeah, so what? He's my boyfriend, you know." blonde turned around from the mirror while fixing her messy bun to look at her bestie with a smile.

But that same smile soon faded as she saw him twitch in anger.

"Is there something wrong, Natsu?"

Pinkette stood up from the bed violently and made Lucy step back. She felt scared of him for the first time.

"That still doesn't mean you have to spend all of your time with him! I don't like the guy one bit, I have a feeling he's going to hurt you!" He snapped. He knew his gut wouldn't lie to him and it was too frustrating for him not to be able to be with the blonde at all times.

"You're just jealous of me having a date! I don't want to ruin this, Natsu! I know he's a good guy, my gut is telling me he genuinely cares about me! And I deserve love in my life, I'm tired of being single, alright?! If you really cared about me you would at least try to understand me.." She snapped back and whispered the last sentence.

"Are you saying I don't care about you now?! If anything, I care about you the most but you don't give a fuck about me, do you?!" He shouted.

"Natsu, that's not what I meant, I do care about you.." she whispered and reached her arm out a bit as her eyes became watery and her heart began aching more.

"It sure seems like you don't!" He sent her a glare.

"You know what, I don't care! Be with him! But when he hurts you don't come crying to me!" Dragon Slayer shouted and jumped out of the window. He put his hands into his pockets and angrily stomped to his house.

After the blonde heard Natsu's words her heart dropped to her stomach. She covered her mouth with her palm, preventing any more of her heart aching sobs to come out.