Lost

Lucy's pov

I heard it.

When it hit my ears my mind clouded with pain, my heart grew cold and numb with pent up emotion.

I felt clogged with pain and anger, hurt, and fear.

"Natsu..." I sobbed as his yells filled my mind. He was alone, and he fought against these feelings alone.

I quickly stood on my feet and ran into our bedroom.

"Natsu!"

What I saw was indescribable. The boy I saw as my other half, the one who was always wearing a smile which was able to turn most evil people into friends, was now.. gone.

His smile, his enthusiasm and his happiness were nowhere to be found. Just the sight of him like this made my lip quiver. I promised myself I would always be the strong one, and on this occasion I had to prove myself once again.

"Natsu.. don't cry.." I stepped closer and got to glance into his eyes for a moment. They were completely dull, sad and tired.

I bent down and gently wrapped my arms around the vulnerable boy. I let him cry as long and as much as he needed to.

Normal pov

"Oh... Natsu.. hey.." blonde pleaded as she kneeled in front of him and took his palms into hers.

"L-Lucy... I-I" the boy choked on his own tears. Evidently he was so upset he just couldn't mutter a single word.

Blonde felt sympathy for her fiancé and slowly stood back up. She placed her palms on his tear stained cheeks and collided their foreheads together.

"Sweetie, please listen.. I know what happened wasn't easy but we have to get over it. I know it hurts but I promise we'll be okay, you'll be okay." Blond haired beauty spoke softly, fighting back her own heart breaking and tears in the process.

"N-No.. I just.. I-"

"Shh.. it's okay.." she tried calming him down and it worked not long after. His breathing became normal again and his sobs turned into soft sniffles.

The boy placed his hand above Lucy's and squeezed it tightly.

Both of them had their eyes closed, the only light in the room was coming from the kitchen through the door blonde left half open.

Suddenly, Natsu felt something drop on his face. He opened his eyes to be welcomed by clenching teeth and tears falling from his precious lovers eyes.

"Luce.."

"I-I'm fine, don't worry.."

"You're not.. Don't lie to me! Y-You.. Why do you act so strong, so numb? This hurt you as much as it hurt me, you have the right to deal with it! Stop bottling up your emotions.." Fire mage spoke worriedly, finally realizing that he wasn't the only one hurt.

"That's the only thing I've ever been good at.." she joked as more tears came to surface. The sobs she tried keeping in her chest also came, her knees weakening. She felt a weight of sorrow press her on the cold floor.

She buried her face in her hands and cried, cried hard.

"Hunny.. it's gonna be okay.." Natsu kneeled beside her and let her cry into his chest while slowly running circles on her back with his hand. He didn't want to prevent her from crying, she needed to let all of this out. But he wasn't willing to let her go through it alone.

"Shh.. I'm here.." he comforted as she sobbed heavily.

"I'm sorry I failed, Natsu!! I'm so sorry!"

"What?! Don't you dare blame yourself! This wasn't your damn fault!" Natsu took Lucy by shoulders and made her look into his eyes. They were reddish but held an incredible amount of love and pain in them.

"It's not your fault, baby.." a tear rushed out of his eye as they hugged once more and cried together.

They were vulnerable in front of one another.

-

"We gathered on this sad day to say our final words to someone who didn't get to see the light of the day.. let's take a minute of silence and say goodbye to our little fighter, Lucas Dragneel-Heartfilia.."

When you experience a death like this, it changes you as a person; the person you thought you were almost instantly is gone. There's a shadow that covers the world, as you are forced to still live in it.

———————————————————————

look at me talking like i know shit about losing a child

anyway i hope you liked this one

have a nice day, bye bye ❤️