The Thunderstorm

characters out of character alert
—————————————————————

A boy with pink hair sat at the comfortable and well known bed, his thoughts mostly focusing on one thing; the weather.

It was mostly bright but there were visible dark clouds coming from the distance.

He could smell a big storm coming, even though it already began raining a bit, it was nothing compared to what was coming.

He gazed from the window to look at the blonde who was happily humming a melody while preparing dinner for both of them. Without the boy noticing his lips formed a gentle smile as he glanced at her figure.

"Hey Natsu!" Blonde slightly yelled, snapping the one called out of his sweet daydream. He blinked few times before humming in response.

"I'm making eggs for dinner, I know you're not much fond of them but I'll put spicy sauce on top. Will that work for ya?" She spoke while continuing to cut onions.

"Yeah, that'll work for me. Hey.. Lucy?"

"Yes?"

"There's a storm coming." He announced. The blonde he was talking to suddenly let out a yelp and a wince followed right after.

"What happened?" Natsu walked over to the kitchen to find Lucy with her thumb bleeding. The boy got a hold of her hand and licked the blood away, then he ripped a small piece of his shirt and wrapped it carefully around her wound.

"What scared you like that? Are you afraid of storms or something?" He led her away from the kitchen and sat her down to the table.

"Nah, you just surprised me. I suppose you can't leave now since the rain is falling so heavily.." she let out a sigh before continuing.

"You can take my bed and I'll sleep on the couch, okay?"

"Can't we just share the bed?"

"No. Take it or leave it."

"Fine, I take it."

The sky became dark and low with ominous black clouds and the wind picked up, howling, crying, warning, baying like a wolf into the night. The first crack of lightening rent the air within seconds.

The mere sound of the thunder made Lucy shiver in fear. She begged her body to sleep or at least pass out, but nothing happened. Her heart was taking a higher rate with every thunder that struck.

Tears were sliding to the side of her face while she lied down, her hand desperately covering her mouth to prevent her sobs from becoming any more audible.

"Stop.. please.." she prayed to the heavens for the storm to stop.

Another struck hit the ground, and this one was louder than anything Lucy has ever heard in her life before. Reflexively, she let out a scream before her hand caught up with her mouth.

The sound startled the boy who was able to fall asleep. He shot up from the bed and listened carefully, wondering if what he heard was a dream or real deal.

As soon as the sound of quiet sobs from the room climose by entered his ears he knew the scream was real, and he knew exactly from whom it came from.

"Luce? Hey, what's going on?" He looked around the room and was surprised to see his best friend not in the bed. After few looks he noticed something in the corner.

There was a shivering blonde with blanket wrapped around her. Her head was dug deep into her knees while she hugged them close to her chest.

"Lucy?"

"N-Natsu.."

Another crack of lightning struck which forced Lucy to jump up. When she opened her eyes she found herself in familiar embrace.

"So you are afraid of the storm!" He joked as he hugged her body closer.

"Don't make fun of me, I'm seriously scared!"

Natsu then decided to carry her in her room. When they got in he sat down with the blonde sitting on his lap. She didn't even try to squirm out of his grasp, she needed comfort.

She dug her face in the crock of his neck while breathing heavily, Natsu was confused in the matter. The only thing that came to his mind was to rub her back and..

kiss the side of her head.

Deep blush spread across Lucy's features from his action, making her feel safer than she already was. She tightened her grip around his neck which made him smirk.

"Do you think you'll be able to fall asleep if we cuddle?" He proposed with a soft whisper.

Blondes heart rate immediately took a quicker pace, but she slowly nodded into his neck.

Natsu picked the girl up and laid her down while he, himself got beside her. After he covered their bodies with blankets he embraced her once more.

Her head was comfortably lying against his chest as his warmth radiated.

And within minutes Lucy was able to fall asleep, completely forgetting her fear.

Because no matter what, no matter what the situation was or what she was petrified of, Natsu could always make her feel safe and sound.

———————————————————————

this is honestly so trashy

also, thank you so much for 45k reads! you guys are unbelievable!