E.N.D. Of Us

"W-What..? Is that you..?" someone muttered under their chin in disbelief.

A tall man stood in front of her with golden keys in his hands, spinning them between his dirty fingers. His clothes were ripped from the constant fighting that happened in past days. His eyes were covered by darkness of his bangs. Big and creepy horns sticked out of his dirty pink hair while his features had a evil smug on them.

"Natsu..? That can't be you..." She whispered as every muscle in her body trembled. A tear escaped from her eyes as she forcefully closed them when the bolt of pain shot through her rib.

- earlier -

"Where the hell do you think this monster might be, Luce?" The pink haired mage asked while sniffing around in hopes of finding a beast required from their job request.

"I dunno... it could be anywhere, honestly.." the blonde sighed while still looking around.

The forest they were in was dark and terrifying. Small wind blew between the branches and it made scratching noises. Lucy's tiny body trembled when she noticed the scary looking place around them.

"What are you doing?" The Dragon Slayer asked when Celestial mage gripped on his arm, looking for comfort.

"This place is scary.." she whined as cold chill went down her spine.

"Don't worry, I'm here.. you know I would never let anything happen to you." He encouraged her as he pointed to himself like a cocky jerk.

But, Natsu's eyebrows suddenly furrowed at the rustling noise from a bush near by. Then, a monster with exact features as the picture from the job request showed up looking ready to slaughter anyone who dared to be on its way.

The beast was pretty tall, its eyes were glowing red, like blood in the place of pupils. The fur on its body was grayish with some dirt. Saliva dripped from between its canines as the mouth remained open.

Natsu wasn't impressed by the thing. He had a bored expression on his face before he saw the monster rush in Lucy's direction.

Its legs stomped on the ground in hope to squish her, but she was quick to dodge. Lucy took out her Taurus key and transformed into her star dress.

She was ready to punch the ugly thing away but Natsu was quicker and he violently punched its jaw with his fiery fist. The monster flew few meters away, unconscious and defeated.

"Hey! I wanted to fo that" Lucy yelled annoyingly, but Natsu just shrugged it off and grinned at the girl.

"You defeated that monster with quite ease, Natsu.." someone said while clapping their hands and walking towards the two.

Natsu looked up to the mysterious man walking and his eyes suddenly widened from sensing his strong magic power.

"Who are you?!" Dragon Slayer yelled angrily and put his arm in front of the blonde in protective manner.

"Calm down, I'm not going to hurt you... yet." he muttered the last word.

"How do you know my name?!"

"My name is Zeref, I am someone you knew very well in the past," black haired wizard spoke as Natsu's flames faded.

"Huh?" he lifted an eyebrow at black haired wizard with confusion written all around his features. Zeref only smiled while talking to Natsu, not even looking at Lucy.

"You're waisting your time protecting that girl, she's not the one I'm after. You're coming with me!" He snapped his fingers and in less than second both he and Fire mage disappeared without a trace, leaving Lucy completely alone.