The Letter

"Ugh.. I'm exhausted!" Celestial mage whined as her body collapsed in her soft and warm sheets. The covers under her felt like heaven after the mission. She could just fall asleep.

Soon enough, a groan left her lips when she realized she needed to shower before laying in the bed.

Lucy stepped into her bathroom and didn't come out for solid half hour. Which was enough time for a certain male to get in and leave something in her room.

As blonde got out of the shower she took a clean towel and gently slid it across her body to dry it. After she finished she wrapped it around her features and took another one to put her hair in.

Lucy cracked the door open to go and look for some comfy clothes she could slide in for the rest if the day. When she noticed a weird thing on her desk, those thoughts disappeared in the moment.

It looked like a letter.

She knew she didn't leave it there.. so, who did?

The letter was sealed with someone's saliva, that was for sure. Blonde didn't put much thought into it and just proceeded to open it.

Dear Lucy,
You are probably wondering why I'm writing you a letter, well, the answer is more simple than you'd thought. I'm just too much of a wuss to tell it to your face.. heh..
I don't want to waste your time with unimportant things, so I'll just get to the point. But, I want to confess some things before I say the main one.
I really like the way you take care of Happy and me. And I also appreciate your worry for me when I rush into reckless situations. I love your hair, your voice, your personality and your heart, but most importantly, I love you Luce..
Btw, Levy helped me write this thing.
- Natsu

A deep blush spread across blondes face as she finished the letter. She covered her mouth with one hand and her chest with the other. It seemed like the butterflies inside of her tummy couldn't handle such sweet words, and neither could Lucy.

Blonde quickly ran to her closet and dressed up before she headed out of the door.

- at the guild -

"Don't worry Natsu, I'm sure Lu-chan feels the same way.." Blue haired Script mage did her best to comfort her anxious friend.

"Like hell she does.. I think I made the biggest mistake with that letter." The boy sighed and sunk into his hands while his heart couldn't bump in normal pace.

"What makes you say that?" Levy asked as she fixed her glasses, turning all of her attention to the worried boy.

"I mean, if she doesn't feel the same the things between us are just going to be awkward from now on.. even if she does forget about this, I won't. It'll constantly be on my mind and I won't be able to focus on missions, let alone handle being in the same team as her.."

"Hey, Natsu-" Levy attempted to say something but it just fell into the water.

"And what if she finds a boyfriend afterwards, huh? I think I would lose my mind! To look at them kissing, coddling or holding each other? My blood boils from just thinking about it, but I still wouldn't tell her that because her happiness means everything to me! She's my world, Levy.. I can't even describe how much I care and love her.."

"Um, Natsu.. I think you should turn around.." Script mage whispered with a smile.

Natsu sighed and listened to her proposal, so he looked behind him. What he spotted made his heart skip a beat and turn his face white.

The blonde he knew all too well stood right behind him with tears uncontrollably sliding down her cheeks. His gaze lowered and he noticed the letter he left in her apartment.

His cheeks reddened and his heart took an even higher pace. He quickly stood up from his seat and took Lucy's hands in his.

Just when she was about to say something he stopped her and signaled for them to go somewhere private.

-

As they stepped outside the guild they were left standing in silence, none knew what to say. Then, Natsu sighed and closed his eyes, hoping for the best.

"Look Luce, you don't have to say a single word. The letter was a stupid idea, telling you how I feel was a stupid idea, and that's funny coming from me. I understand you don't have mutual feelings towards me and that's okay.. I'm not going to force you into anything and-"

His words got cut off with blonde colliding their lips together. Natsu's eyes shot open from the surprise but closed right after, melting into the kiss.

Unfortunately, they soon parted and shared a glance before Lucy realized what she did, what they did. She could feel her cheeks burning and she locked her gaze on the floor.

"L-Luce.. y-you.."

"I really hope you don't honestly think I don't return your feelings.. I've been in love with you for a long time, and you sure took your sweet time to figure out your feelings." Her words made Natsu chuckle and show her his well known grin.

After just a few delicate touches of his warm lips on hers made her fall in love with him all over again.

———————————————————————

here's some fluff for you to enjoy!

thank you for reading!