Overprotective

This one shot is taking place few weeks after the death of Future Lucy.
————————————————————
This story I'm about to tell is taking place in marvelous guild of Fairy Tali. Unfortunately, many bad things happened to each and every member of the guild, but on the bright side, none of those bad things effected their happiness in the guild.

"Mira! I'm taking this job!" Shouted a specific blonde Celestial wizard as she came running from the request board towards the beautiful Take Over mage. As those words escaped from her lips, certain Dragon Slayer's ears tensed. He was in the middle of fighting Gray, but as soon as he heard Lucy, he immediately stopped and hopped off the table. Leaving Gray puzzled.

"Let me take a look at it.." Mira said and examined the paper in her hands. Her eyes became a bit suspicious, was Lucy able to fulfill this mission? Mira thought, but shrugged that off her mind as she remembered the GMG and Lucy's strength.

"You're approved to go, good luck!" She uttered and stamped it. As soon as Lucy laid her hands on her paper back, a strong hand grabbed her wrist and snatched the mission out of her grasp.

"You aren't going on this job, not without me." Natsu pronounced with serious voice, making Lucy to look at him, confusion written all over her face.

"What? Why?" Her words sounded like she was hurt. Was he thinking that she was weak and couldn't do this by herself?

"Because I said so!" He shouted and stared deeply into Lucy's eyes. She couldn't put her finger on it, but she knew something was off with Natsu. His eyes were filled with fear.

"Who are you to tell me with who I can or cannot go on a mission with? If I want to go alone, then I will!" Lucy yelled and snatched the job back from his hands and ran out of the guild, Natsu was ready to ran after her, but Mira was quick to stop him.

"Why don't you let her go alone, it's not her first time, y'know.." Mira softly spoke as Natsu turned his head back to her, worry clearly visible. Mira figured she could take advantage of the situation and smirked.

"What's the matter, king? Afraid to let your queen go somewhere on her own?" She teased and clearly messed up, Natsu didn't even crack a smile, he just sat down at the bar and covered his face with his hands.

"I'm scared.."

~~

What the hell was he thinking?! 'You can't go without me' crap. Yeah right, like hell! Who is he to tell me that! I can go wherever I want and if I want to go alone, than thats my damn choice!

Lucy was angrily stomping towards the train station, ready to prove Natsu wrong by beating that stupid wizard who's causing trouble in far away village. He apparently killed many and is very dangerous, but Lucy thought that it was just some paranoid person who wrote the request. 

- time skip -

Natsu was sitting at the table once again, it was really late and almost everybody went home. He was worried about Lucy since she left. Mira, Erza and even Gray tried to cheer him up, but unfortunately, none of them succeeded.

His eyes traveled around the guild, few moments after he heard guilds door being pushed lightly. The familiar smell of his best friend entered his nose and his eyes widened at the sight in front of him.

She was badly injured, her right arm was burned, her clothes were torn dirty and torn apart, and on the parts you could see her bare skin were big and painful looking bruises.

"I'm b-back.." she said and limped towards the table where Natsu was, but he was already by her side giving her support so she wouldn't fall. One of his hands was firmly wrapped around her waist and the other one holding Lucy's arm that was hanging from his shoulders.

"Luce, are you okay? What the hell happened?!" He questioned as she gave him a smile.

"You see? I could do something on my own.." she mumbled and leaned into his chest as they sat down. Blush spread across his cheeks, and yeah, he might have been angry with her, but at least she came back alive. He wrapped his arms around her upper arms and squeezed her closer to him.

"Idiot, I could've helped you and you wouldn't be in such bad condition. But listen, we have to go to the infirmary to check on you.." he said and helped her get up. Both of them walked slowly to the infirmary to find Wendy in it.

"Lucy-san are you okay? Come, let me heal your wounds," she said as Lucy listened and did as she said.

"How come you're still here Wendy, I thought you already went home with Charla," Natsu asked.

"Well, I overheard that Lucy-san was going on a risky job by herself, and since I was worried, I wanted to stay here a bit longer in case she comes back with injuries.. and guess I was right.." she explained which caused Lucy to blush and smile at the little girl.

"You're so sweet, Wendy.. thank you.." she said gratefully and patted her head as Wendy smiled at her and began healing her. Lucy felt relief wash over her as Wendy's magic took away the pain in her burned arm. While she was fighting the wizard, he knew few fire spells, and for her surprise, one of them hit her in the arm. But she still won the fight in the end and got the reward.

After awhile Wendy finished healing Lucy, and she was feeling like a brand new person. She thanked Wendy one more time as she and Natsu left to her house.

"So, why were you so much against me going on that job? I mean, I know we are a team and all.. but still," Lucy's eyes were focused on Natsu, expecting an answer. He turned his head and sighed, knowing he won't be able to get himself out of this one.

"I was just worried about you, if you didn't came back or if something happened to you, I wouldn't be able go take it, it would be even worse after the... you know.. I already watched you die once, and I'll do everything so that doesn't happen again, even if I'll have to turn hell upside down, I'd rather die then watch you die," he stood in front of Lucy, taking her hands in his and continued, "Lucy, you're everything to me and I want you to know that I won't ever stop protecting you.." he finished and as he did, he looked at Lucy who was on the verge of crying.

She was so happy to hear those words from him that it made her heart pound. She walked two steps closer to him, stepped an her tip toes and wrapped her arms around his neck. She pulled him closer as a thank you. It didn't take long before he returned the gesture and hugged her back.

"Honestly, what did I ever do to deserve you..?" She whispered next to his ear, making him tighten the grip around her.

"No.. what did I do to deserve you.." he said and slowly backed away. He took her hand in his once again and gently pressed his forehead on hers.

————————————————————
This was very rushed so I'm sorry for not so good one shot..

Anyway, bye bye ❤️