Alone

Why did you leave?

Why did you leave me alone, Natsu?

How could you?

After all that happened..

Blonde clenched her fist in distress as she broke her pen while writing her thoughts in her diary. Her eyes filled with tears as she bit her lower lip in order to prevent herself from crying.

She didn't want to cry. Not anymore.

It's been two months since her best friend left her with nothing but a sloppy note.

Even so, she read it every day. Every day she would pick it up from trash where she threw it the previous night because it just made her so angry. But then, the next morning she'd pick it up, unfold it and read it one more time.

We'll be back in a year! Take care of the guild while we're gone! Take care, Luce!
From, Natsu.

It was so simple, yet it managed to break her heart.

He left at the worst time.

He left right after Tartaros, right after she sacrificed her first friend.

"Natsu... you absolute idiot!" She smashed her fist against the desk in fury. She was mad at herself for not being able to keep her tears from pouring down.

"Pun, pun!" A tiny white bug looking Celestial spirit spoke in worry for his master. His little body was trembling like a stick on a windy day.

The moment Lucy saw her adorable pet, her eyes immediately went from angry to surprised. Surprised by her own acts. Her soul held disappointment.

"I'm sorry, Plue... come here.." she stretched her arms out and picked Plue in her arms. She squeezed him close to her chest as it gave her comfort. All the little dog could do was gently brush the tears off of her stained cheeks.

"I'll be better.. I swear..." she whispered and let her final tears fall.

———————————————————————

so.. please take this as an apology for not being very active. it's hell in school right now and i only got now to write something simple.

hope you still were able to enjoy it even if it's so short..