Despair

You left.

You... how could you?

How could you give up so easily, Lucy?

Fire mage gritted his teeth before slamming his fist against the wooden wall, dropping a precious object on the floor.

A photo he held so close to his heart. A photo he would treasure with his last breath. The photo that was now lying broken in shards.

His head lowered down as he gently whispered "I-I'm sorry.."

He tried to hold back the seething avalanche of tears to wash away his anger.

You're a memory now, just a shadow lingering in the depths of my mind. I feel like a limb was torn from my body without the chance to save it. The smile that was once wide and welcoming was gone and disinviting. She had left me; I was alone.

"Lucy..." the boy cried out while fighting against his own emotions which were overwhelming. But once tears started flowing they couldn't stop.

Out of complete silence the cry arose. Out of complete reverence the things of the world stilled to listen. Like a budding flower it started. Slow and gentle but it rose to a wail that tore at Natsu's heart. To the ends of the world the cry traveled. Over lands and seas, through forests and valleys.

Every ear in the universe stilled to listen (Fairy Tail guild), every heart broke, so heavy so was miserable their song.

What I need will never come back and no matter how much I seek I won't find it. I wasn't born for great things, nor to find my place in the sun, I know that very well. I could try every day, work for what I want and need, but there are no paths to success, not from here..

There was nothing left to pawn. The boy gazed around room with it's brown walls, dappled with mildew, bereft of furniture. Only a picture of his soulmate remained in his possession. With the eyes that could cry no more, he gazed out at the street where people hustled to make their living and he knew his light had gone out. He looked down at the old photograph and longed to join her.

What was the point in continuing to draw breath?

———————————————————————

finally some sad shit. damn i haven't posted those in a while. i mean those who don't have a happy go lucky ending.

how did you like it?

hope you enjoyed!