43) why me?...

Arya

I was sat on my bed worried out of my mind! Jason has been gone for night and he text me saying he'll be back later but it's four in the morning! And I'm very, very worried!

"So, you have definitely text everyone?" I nodded into the phone call. "Yeah! I'm starting to get worried! He text me to not to try and fined him but I'm getting worried we both know that idiot can do strange things when he's out." I said and Emma hummed. "What is this about anyway?" I looked at the time for the millionth time. "Well, we were on patrol and he saw the scare he gave me when we were kids and just went. I told him I didn't blame him."

"You didn't speak to him for a two months..." I growled. "That was Because I was upset that he yelled at me. I think I said something that hit a nerve?" She hummed. "Actually Jason said something that hit your nerve so you said something back. If I remember correctly, he said 'well at least I'm not some stupid, pathetic witch freak that needs saving from bullies.' Then I think you said 'fuck off! I don't even know why dad adopted you! Your a horrible little brat.' I was there, remember? I punched Jason in the face."

"Oh shit! Now I remember! We were arguing because I was annoying him. That why I didn't speak to him? He called me a 'stupid, pathetic witch freak' I don't blame him though. I just want him here, safe." I looked at the time. "Get some sleep. I'm going out to find him." We said out goodbyes and I walked to my room. I sat on my bed putting my shoes on and tying my short-ish hair up when I heard tapping.

Me being me, I thought it was nothing but I still heard tapping. I turned to see Jay hanging upside down. "What the fuck?!?" I screamed and ran to the window and opened it. "Jay! Where have you been?! I was just about to come find you!" I said frantically but he just smiled smugly. "You're meant to say "romeo romeo wherefore art thou romeo". You said it wronggg." He groand sadly and I tilted my head.

I poked my head out the window and looked up. Jay was doing a spider-man? Glad it's not raining and I'm not a red head. "Get in now." I helped him in the window and sniffed the air around him. "Have you been drinking? Jay? Why have you been drinking?!" I asked confused but kinda angry.

"Because I'm Batman!" He said with a shit eating grin on his face. "Right!" I put on arm around him and started dragging his drunk ass to the couch. "Why do serious? I've only beeeeeen. drinking?" He said, words slurring when saying 'serious'. "Stop quoting." I put him on the couch and he smiled at me. "I beat up black mask!" My eyes went wide. "You what!? You are drunk so you beat up one of the most powerful mod lords in the city?! Jason! You don't have a mask on! He'll know your face!" I said angrily.

"Do you have any pudding?" He asked hiccuping a bit. "What?" I said confused. "Pudding!" He said happily. "No, no pudding. We need to sober you up because I call Alfred on you." Jay grabbed my arm and dragged me to the couch. He trapped me in a hug. I was on his lap, confused and angry. "Let me go, Jason. I don't want to knock you out but I will." I said growling. He chuckled.

"I want a hug. And no you won't, you love me to much." I gave him a look. This is the guy I like?! I need help.... I thought sighing.  "Can I see your arm?" I sighed and showed him my arm. "Look Jay, I remember what we were fighting about and it was my fault, not yours-" "I'm sorry..." I turned my head to him. "What do you mean?" I asked and he put his head on my shoulder. "You're beautiful..." My face turn hotter than hell! "Now that the Boozes talking-"

"I destroy beautiful things. I always have and always will." I smile softly at him. "Not that I don't like a drunk you and you opening up but this isn't you? Sober Jay is flirty to every girl that he comes across. You're drunk and taking affection to the first person that you saw, that just happen to be me." He shook his head.

"No! I scared you cause I was a stupid kid! I couldn't save myself from dying! I failed To kill joker! And I will fail when I try and save you!" I grabbed his face and made him look up. "Jason Peter Todd! You have never failed in anything in your life! You might not have done something perfectly but that's doesn't mean you are a failure! You weren't able to save yourself because of the joker. Don't blame yourself. You never needed to prove yourself by killing the joker!..... And what did you mean by not being able to say me?" When me was looking down I felt a few tears fall on my chest.

"I keep dreaming you are drying. I-I can never stop it! It's real, I know it. Every night for the last month! Y-You die and I'm stuck here by myself." I hug him and play with his hair. "Tell me why happens in the dream." I asked he mumbled into my shoulder. "Joker gets you and takes you to an old factory outside of Gotham. He t-tortures you over and over again and he brands a 'J' on to your collar bone and there's a bomb. You talk to a camera and says things that I can't here? It's sounds like I'm in water. The bomb goes off and your dead. D-Dead...." he managed to get all the words out in his drunken state and I lift his face up to look at me.

"Jay." I put his hand on my heart and smile. "I'm alive. That's my heartbeat." I said and he smiled weakly at me. "You're really beautiful." He said and I grinned. "Who knew you were a romantic?" I said. "Not romantic. Just very drunk." I smiled at him and helped him up.

"Let's get you to your room." I said and he shook his head. "Can I sleep in your room. To make sure you don't die?" That broke my fucking heart! I nodded and walked him to my room and placed h on the bed. I quickly ran out to get a bucket! Can never be to prepared. He put on a shirt and no pants just his boxers which was just lovely. Sense my fucking SARCASM!!

I rolled my eyes, smiling. I went into the bathroom and put on a oversized shirt on and some shorts. I got in bed and he turned to me. "Sorry for getting drunk." He said, quietly hiccuping. "Don't be sorry. This is the most you have opened up about your night terrors in months. I like you being honest." I said smiling and he sighed. "I don't wanna have that dream again." He said and I moved closer to him and hugged him. "I'm here. Nothing will happen." He smiled and wrapped his hands around my waist. I rested my head on his head.

"Honestly, you are a handful, aren't you?" He hummed tired. "That's why you love me?" I smiled. "You have no idea."

I hope you enjoyed this shitty chapter!!!!! I hope you are enjoying your day or night!!!!! Plz feel free to leave your thoughts On this chapter!!!!

BYEEEEEEEE my beautiful readers!!!!!!!