Worst Scenario

The skeleton twitched in pain. It hurt. Everything hurt. The vines constricting his entire skeletal system. The way they forced him to move. The crushing grip they had on his soul. And the gigantic flower cracking out from his eye socket. He breathed quietly, his breath soft puffs of air in the woods. For now, the flower was asleep. He could move around freely. It hurt. He hated this. He just wanted to dust already.

The skeleton moved through the woods, each step slow and crunching the snow beneath his feet. He was wary. Just because his Flowey was asleep, didn't mean everyone else's was. The flower was always watching. The skeleton stopped, his bony hands in his pockets. He was shaking. He didn't want to cry. Tears made Flowey stronger. He screwed his remaining eye socket shut and let out a soft groan. Stars, it hurt.

He blinked as footsteps that weren't his, echoed through the woods. He let out a shudder, almost breaking into tears. Not the human. Anything but the human. He shook quietly in place. He didn't care which Run it was. He just wanted the human to kill him. He shook quietly, standing on the path. Finally, he looked up and stopped. That... that wasn't his human.

He blinked and furrowed his brow. This human was tall and older. Covered in layers of clothing. He forced himself to face them. He gave a shaky grin, the simple movement sending waves of pain through his body. He began to lift his hand, noting that this human wasn't letting out cold breaths. All of a sudden, he heard them take a shaky breath and hold up a pale, freckled hand, rings shining on their fingers.

"There... is no need to greet me... Sans."

At the name, the skeleton twitched before tipping his head. "Sans...?" He asked shakily. He lowered his hand. Yeah. Sans. That was his name... right? He twitched again before nodding. "I take it we've met before... but I don't seem to remember." He stated. The figure drew in another breath.

"We have... yet you and I have not."

What? The skeleton was momentarily taken back before he shook his head. It didn't matter. He didn't care. "So, why're you here, human?"

"Scooter."

"What?" The skeleton asked, blinking. The human sighed. They were female. She took another deep breath, speaking in that unused, broken voice.

"My name... is Scooter."

The skeleton was quiet for a moment before his grin returned. "Huh." He said, tipping his head. "That's quite a HUMERUS name." The human sighed, releasing a singular cloud.

"Heard that one already..."

The skeleton blinked before nodding quietly. The human sighed. She reached up and pulled her hood back to show grey, long, orange-tipped hair, a pale, freckled face, and dull, dead grey eyes. They fixed on him.

"It seems like you have a pest problem."

"You... have NO... idea..." The skeleton managed to grunt out. He jumped. "You should leave. He's about to wake up." The skeleton saw Scooter shrug, her expression unchanging.

"I am not scared of a weed, Sans."

With that, the skeleton felt control be ripped from his bony hands and his eye socket went black. "Sans...? Who is Sans?" The flower on his head giggled demonically. The human was unfazed. She tipped her head, and Flowey flinched at the sound of bone scraping against bone. The bending of flesh. It originated from the ribbon around her neck, almost hidden under a silvery white scarf.

Scooter sighed. She seemed genuinely melancholy about the whole situation. Flowey snapped his bony fingers and gaster blasters appeared behind him. Scooter seemed unalarmed. If anything, a glint of recognition showed in her eyes.