Coldest Hour - Daniel Seavey

I ran... again. I ran and ran not seeing anything but streetlights. I ran in a park and ran to a bench. I waited there and cried there for 12 minutes. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder.

Jack.

I cried and I pulled him close. He held me and stroked my hair like a baby.

"Jack. I am sorry. I... I am shit. I shouldn't even be with you guys." I said crying.

He pulled me away and looked at me.

"Hey. Stop. Don't say that. You are exactly in the right place." he said. I stopped crying and I looked at him. He gave me a look that made me stare at him. "You are amazing."

"What Jonah said - It's fucked up." I said wiping my face with Daniel's hoodie. I was wearing shorts and I felt cold.

"Yeah. I know." said Jack. "Daniel's freaking out." said Jack. Oh my god that is true. My love. Daniel is freaking out.

"I can't go back." I said.

"Why?'' said Jack. "What did it mean?''

I stared at Jack in the darkness." I - .....my mom.. She wasn't really my mom. She found out I wasn't hers and she left me with my grandma... well... her mom... then my grandma said ' why am I taking care of some random kid?'.... Calvin turned 18 and he was the only blood I had. He took me in since I was 8." I said. Jack nodded looking away.

"Who would do that to you?'' said Jack. "I mean to a strong, amazing....beautiful ..." Jack trailed off and he locked eyes with me. No. no. no. Jack leaned towards me. Shit. He is going to kiss me. He lands his lips on mine and I let him. I am too upset to give it up. Daniel is going to kill me. 2 seconds after the kiss I pulled away.

Jack looked at me and licked his lips."Damnet! I wasn't supposed to do that!" said Jack.

"Yeah. I know." I said. I push my hair behind my ear and get up. "I am going back. I really need to see Daniel right now. And don't mention this to anyone!" I said. I walk back with Jack to the house. I saw Daniel and he was crying. I ran to him and he held me tightly.

"Daniel, forever and always." I said. He kissed me and held me tighter.

I looked at the porch and noticed one thing. Jessica was gone. I walked inside and Jonah was crying and locked himself in his room while Corbyn and Zach were at the door of his room trying to get him to open it.

"What's going on?" I asked.

Corbyn looked at me in disappointment and hesitation. "Jessica and Jonah are getting a divorce."