[ prologue - meet the kumas! ]

now that intros are done i can introduce this:

VINE OF THE CHAPTER

akira: what the FUCK is up eiko

akira: no, what did you say dude

akira: what the FUCK dude

akira: step the FUCK up eiko

----

Akira was the last one to get to the Ferris wheel.

The rest of the students were there already, talking amongst themselves and murmuring words of confusion.

"Aki! Over here!" Akira could faintly recognize Mutsumi calling for her. She spun around and smiled when she saw Obokata and Mutsumi waving for her to walk over.

"Obokata laughs at people."

"Akira? You okay?" Obokata's concerned voice cut through her thoughts. "You look nervous. Did Mutsumi's screaming hurt your ears?"

"Wha? Hey!" Mutsumi hissed. "Not cool, Kata! You'll make me feel bad if you keep on doing that. You okay, Aki?"

"Yeah..." Akira murmured. She herself wasn't even fully sure - was she okay? Eiko's comments had rooted themselves into her brain. Of course, she didn't believe them, but was it wrong to doubt the generosity of a stranger? "...Maybe after this, we can have a little chat about Eiko."

"Oh, barf," Mutsumi groaned. "She's fake. What'd she say to you? I'll beat her up so she knows that being mean isn't cool."

"I'll tell you after," Akira replied. "Calm down. If you try to threaten her, she may get even worse. Plus, I'd feel bad for Mioko."

"I guess," Mutsumi sighed in defeat. "What do you think, Kata?"

"Her persistence to make us look bad is annoying, b-"

He let out a quiet giggle.

"-ut... um... whatever she said about me isn't true, just letting you know."

Akira nodded and pat the taller boy on the shoulder. "Course I know. As Sumi said, we're all friends!"

"Good morning, students!"

Akira froze and spun around. That familiar voice was back - annoying and comforting all at once. As she turned towards the Ferris wheel, she noticed a figure was standing in front of it.

A half yellow, half black... hedgehog?

"What the...?" Chiemi asked in confusion. "Is that a hedgehog? It's so cute!"

"No, you idiot. It's clearly not a real hedgehog," Naoki hissed, slapping her on the shoulder. "It's a fucking toy. We got brought out here to watch a toy. What, are we fucking five?"

"This is an utter waste of time," Rei grunted, crossing her arms. "I would rather be socializing with these surfs than standing here watching you two argue about a clearly robotic hedgehog."

"W-Woah..." Jutaro whispered. "N-Never seen that b-before. I'll n-need to ask my sources. P-Perhaps it's the key to solving-"

"You're an idiot." Rei interrupted him with a huff.

"M-Mr. Hedgehog?" Raizo raised his hand, speaking quietly. "Do you know why... students are here...? When can we... go home? I... I want to see mommy."

"Aww, what was that?" Eiko asked a bit too sweetly, petting the boy's hat. "Scared little Raizo wants his mommy-wommy because he's too scared of the evil hedgehog? Don't worry about that thing. Mioko and I can help you out-"