[ chapter 3 - a touch-up ]

Question Of The Day:

Which character are you surprised hasn't died yet/who do you think will die in chapter 3?

meme:

akira: so you moved the body to frame the killer?

tokihiko: well, yes, but actually no

-

Once the race was finished, Mutsumi announced Kouta to be the winner, which nobody was surprised by.

"Well, what do you want then? It can be basically anything- besides death," the snowboarder offered with a proud smile. "For an old guy, you're pretty fast!"

"I'm only 25... and I'd like to ask that the killings stop so we can all be friends!" The boulderer answered enthusiastically. "We can do it!"

"Idiot," Rei hissed under her breath.

-

As everyone started to separate from each other and go off on their own groups, Akira felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned around, now face-to-face with a serious-looking Rei (not that she wasn't ever serious-looking in the first place). "You. We're going to my room. I found something."

"...What?" She asked. "Is- is it a bo-"

"No, nobody is dead," the historian shook her head, "just- come. You'll understand then."

"Oh- okay-" she replied hastily as the historian grabbed her wrist and started to walk off.

-

Rei's room was very Rei. She had a small bookshelf filled to the brim with books, old and new. She had a desk with papers littered all over it - the smell of almond, vanilla, and the air after a fresh rain. It was quite relaxing, especially with the soft beige walls with thin white stripes on them and the soft carpet underneath.

"You've got a really tidy room, Rei," Akira couldn't help but let a compliment slip. Rei nodded, seeming too rushed to care, and instead pulled out a paper from her desk.

"Read this," she instructed.

Akira blinked a few times and looked down.

' Diary

It's over. I don't know what I'm supposed to do with my life - this show was all I had to live for. Without it, I am nothing. The intense emotions it mixed inside of me for years will never exist again, not with the thrill of each trial and the numerous deleted emails I've sent trying to get auditioned.

The audience fucking ruined it. They decided they didn't want Danganronpa anymore. Is 53 seasons really all we want?! We could've made it to 100! If only that stupid poll-bot had gotten shut down, this would never have happened.

What else is there to do? I don't have anymore Danganronpa. Life as I know it is over.

I'll check in with you tomorrow.

Yuuna '

"What... is this...?" Akira asked out loud after finishing. "Is this a diary entry?"

"It seems so," Rei nodded, "a diary entry by a girl named ' Yuuna '. Apparently, a show called ' Danganronpa ' had gotten canceled after 53 seasons. Though, the reason I am so concerned is... it sounds oddly similar to this killing game, correct? Trials?"

"It... It does," Akira murmured, "so I was right? This is a reality television show? If so, how come we're on it if it ended after 53 seasons...?"

"I don't know," Rei sighed. "It's... it's all so confusing. And we can't tell the others - they're all a bit stupid so this might cause trouble with Hejjikuma."

"So then... why did you tell me?" Akira asked, pointing a finger at herself. "You called me stupid when we first met..."

"Yes, but impressions do change," Rei stated with a smile. "You're... smart. And useful. I trust you and I can solve this without anyone else ever knowing anything."

"Really? You think I'm useful?" Akira asked, a bit of shock running through her. Rei was never this nice - she must want something. "Do you want something from me or are you just complimenting me?"

Rei looked to the side and crossed her arms, the tiniest hint of pink making itself known on her cheeks. "Well, there is something else I wanted to check, but if you laugh, I'll punch you."

"I wouldn't laugh!" The archer promised. "What is it?"

Rei handed her another piece of paper with a crude, badly-colored picture of a cat on it. "I found a cat on the campus. I don't know if Hoggokuma is aware it's there, but if he is, I want to keep it hidden. Sadly, I'm a tad bit allergic to cat fur, so I can't exactly help, but I was wondering if you wanted to keep it in your room."

[btw here's the paper oop]

Akira paused to consider it - she couldn't just leave the cat there, obviously, but it would be a lot of work

Akira paused to consider it - she couldn't just leave the cat there, obviously, but it would be a lot of work. What did cats eat? Would she need to scoop up sand from the pit and use it for litter? What if it scratched her?

Still, it's probably a terrified animal... Rei trusted me enough to ask, so I can't just deny her like that. She'd kill me.

"Okay," Akira finally agreed, much to the historian's (visible) delight. "I'll make sure to look for it whenever I can. If I find it, I'll try to tame it. The paper says it's a female Turkish Van...? So why not name her Mana? It means love, right? You clearly love this cat, so it fits!"

Rei nodded, smiling wider than ever before. "Yes! Thank you!" Upon seeing Akira's shocked reaction to her childlike excitement, she quickly stood straight and pretended to clear her throat, voice going back to its monotonous tone. "I-I mean- um- I appreciate that, Akira."

Akira smiled fondly. Guess she had a trump card over Rei now. Not that she minded.

[OBTAINED TICKET FRAGMENT! (2/6]