[ epilogue ]

We're officially at the final part of the Danganronpa: Deluded project.

It's been an honor to hear your feedback - to see your reactions to things (lmao your reaction to Kouta's death was deadass hilarious), to see how you guys cared for this cast just as much as I did.

The bonus content book will continue to be updated. I need a Backstory Blurpt for everyone, plus I promised part 2 of the Uno fic AND a dating sim.

It's been so much fun writing this. Danganronpa: Deluded is always going to have a place in my heart, and I'm so honored I got to write this with so many amazing people following the story.

So, to end Deluded once and for all, I'll say two simple words:

Thank you.

-

Yuuna snorted awake, choking on her own spit.

All that was around her was her desk, full of Danganronpa merchandise, drawings of her characters, and a puddle of drool leaking from her mouth.

She looked down, granite all over her hand and cheek. She fell asleep on top of the book again. The page had an apparent stain on it, now. Great. She'd need to rewrite that page. She wiped off her mouth with her hoodie sleeve and closed the book so she could observe the cover.

In simple golden letters, it read ' Danganronpa: Deluded - An Unofficial 54th Season of Danganronpa '.

She frowned. She had been so on board with this when she started. What had made her think of ending this so suddenly? It was like she had an out-of-body experience, or like Akira Sashiki was actually there, in her head, making her feel emotions she had not previously known she could even feel.

Her frown deepened. The book wasn't even finished and she suddenly felt a wave of... sadness.

"Maybe this project wasn't a good idea, after all." She murmured to herself, picking up the hardcover book and turning on her desk lamp, giving off a dull light so she could at least see her own hands.

With a sigh, she stood up and left her room, exiting out of the house she lived in, closing the door after her.

She looked under the rug and saw the lighter she used to light cigarettes when she was stressed about plans for the Deluded project. No doubt, she probably fucked up her lungs big time. She lit up the lighter and admired the flame for a second.

She dropped the unfinished book on the floor and opened up to the final page she wrote, rereading over the last line she wrote.

' Yuuna dropped the match and watched as the book burned '

Yuuna looked at the lighter and her mind went blank.

She went to the center of the paper and lit it up, watching with something akin to disinterest as all of her plans, all of her emotions, all of her hard work-

Her entire life- burnt on her front porch at one in the morning.

As the smell of cinders filled the air and smoke started to fill her nose, she closed her eyes and sat back against the door.

She looked down at the pile of ash where pages had once been.

.

She didn't know how to feel about it.

-

Thank you for reading Danganronpa: Deluded.

I figured happy endings are too overused in Danganronpa. Have this bittersweet/sad ending instead.

I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it.