[ chapter 5 - many questions, no answers ]

Question of The Day:

Y'all got any memes?

me: *eating ice*

me: *proceeds to accidentally stab self with spoon right in that thin part of your gum*

-

"...You don't mean..." Rei covered her mouth with her hand. "You said that he agreed not to do that!"

"I did." Akira nodded. She pulled up her armband and took out the diary entry Rei had found. "...That's where this comes in."

"Um... maybe the rest of us can have a little lesson on what this ' plan ' was?" Chiemi asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Right after the Third Trial, Tokihiko went missing, if you remember." Akira explained. "Well, I found him. He was talking to Raizo, trying to make ' deal ' with him. He didn't exactly say what the deal was, but I think I have an idea."

[ What was the ' deal ' Tokihiko tried to make with Raizo? ]

1. Raizo kills him

2. Tokihiko kills himself and frames Raizo

3. They kill each other

"I got it!"

[ BREAK! ]

"Tokihiko said both in the audio recording and when I heard him talk to Raizo: neither of them will be the victim or the blackened. This can only mean one thing. He wanted two people to kill each other at the same time, that way, with no way of figuring out who died first, there'd be no blackened. He wanted this trial to be unsolvable-"

"You're going off-script!"

[ BREAK! ]

Chiemi looked to the side, poking her cheek casually as she spoke. "Hmmm. You usually have really smart ideas, but don't you think that's impossible, Akira?"

"Impossible? How so?" Akira asked.

Chiemi cleared her throat. "I'll show you."

[ REBUTTAL SHOWDOWN - BEGIN! ]

Chiemi: So, if you're right, and Raizo and Tokihiko killed each other...

Chiemi: ...How is that possible?

Chiemi: You said there was only enough poison for one person to die.

Chiemi: So, how did Raizo die?

[ ADVANCE! ]

Akira: I never said Raizo died from the poison.

Akira: Just that they both killed each other at the same time.

Chiemi: Yeah, but still!

Chiemi: What other evidence is there-

"I'll shoot through that contradiction!"

[ BREAK! ]

"So, Rei found a diary entry by this person called ' Yuuna ' before Naoki pointed out Raizo was missing..." Akira unfolded the entry. "This ' Yuuna ' is clearly the Mastermind. She created this Killing Game and seemed to want to kill someone who ' broke the rules '."

"So... who ' broke the rules '?" Obokata asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Tokihiko. He knew about Yuuna. He knew everything. He died before he could tell us, though. The Mastermind wrote this about him." Akira cleared her throat and read it.