[ chapter 3 - the trial gets spicy ]

Question of The Day:

Out of the ones so far, including what you've seen of this one, which trial is your favorite and why?

-

"The only person who I can imagine killing Eiko is Tokihiko," Akira murmured.

Tokihiko just sat there- again- and smiled. He looked as if he was trying to kill her with mind power - and to be fair, that blank, empty, devoid-of-all-happiness smile was doing a good job intimidating her.

However, instead of freaking out, he simply nodded. "Correct!"

"Wh- you're going to admit it just like that?!" Shinako asked, shock ridden on her face. "You killed her? You're - you're not even going to defend yourself?!"

"Though does not devoir to," Tokihiko replied with that sickly smile still on his face. "As though is not the yardbird."

"Wait, wait, wait, so you expect us to just believe you without any proof? Who cares if we don't know what your talent is - you literally just said you didn't have one," Naoki hissed. "What other proof is there besides ' you were in Eiko's room when Rei found the body '? What if you're the accomplice who killed Kouta?"

No... there is proof Tokihiko was the one who killed Eiko.

The key to proving that is in his talent. I know he has one, and I know those papers give me a clue as to what his talent is.

[HANGMAN'S GAMBIT!]

What is Tokihiko's talent?

G, N, I, R, R, O, T, A, T, O, E

[BREAK!]

"I read one of those papers. It said ' try to strike a deal with the kidnapper '. That plus the fact that it talks about hostages in the first place? I mean, I have the slightest feeling..." Akira started.

"Feeling that what?" Mutsumi asked eagerly.

"...Maybe the reason he got someone to agree to a plan like this was because he was the Ultimate Negotiator."

"Negotiator? How do we know someone didn't make a deal with him?" Obokata asked, eyebrow raised. "I mean, they could've convinced him to kill Eiko, not the other way around."

I know that because he had a chance to talk to someone... But will they remember it? It was a while ago.

[SELECT SOMETHING!]

When did Tokihiko have the chance to make a deal with someone?

Before the first Class Trial

Right after the second Class Trial

When we first got stuck here

[BREAK!]

"Tokihiko ' spoke ' to someone... all the way before Ikue died," Akira said firmly, "that could've been his chance to make a deal-"

"You're going off-script!"

Seriously?

Chiemi pointed her finger at Akira with a snort. "Silly Akira! There's no way the deal would've been made all the way back then!"

[REBUTTAL SHOWDOWN - BEGIN!]

Chiemi: You're saying Tokihiko made a deal with someone before the first trial.

Chiemi: But wasn't Eiko, one of the victims, with him at the time?

Chiemi: She would've heard about their plan to kill her...