[ chapter 4 - woah, an update finally ]

Question of The Day:

How was your day? Hope you're doing good-

still need 2 more FTEs guys ;(

sorry for not updating - h writer's blOCK

this chapter is full of fluffy bonding and near-death experiences so hopefully that makes up for it :D

-

The group split up, agreeing to tell Tokihiko about the plan if they saw him (and also, hopefully, keep an eye on him). Rei seemed hesitant, but she agreed anyway.

She must be upset over Kouta. We all are. She keeps bottling up her emotions.

Akira sighed. If she tried to talk to her about it, she knew that that Rei would only push her away more. She'd try to talk to her tomorrow. In the meantime, she had a cat to take care of. She sometimes wished she could be like Mana - hiding in a room all day with everything delivered to her, blissfully unaware of everything going on around her.

I can't be like her, though. This group needs a leader. If nobody else wants to do it, I will.

Banana in hand, she left the kitchen, eyes filled with a grim determination. She would destroy that control panel.

No matter what.

-

She was focused on the small noise her shoes made as she walked down the hall, so when they were overshadowed by talking, she stopped to look up. People were speaking around the corner. Eavesdropping was rude, but still, curiosity killed the archer. She pushed her hair back so the braid wouldn't fall off her shoulder and peeked around the corner.

Tokihiko... she thought grimly, eyes narrowing instinctively. He was up to something, wasn't he?

He was pacing as he spoke, but it was impossible to make out who he was talking to since they were so far back.

"...Listen. I'm making this nice and simple since you don't understand. To put it bluntly: all your friends are dead now. Why not just help me end this killing game? You'll get to see them again and it'll be a win-win situation!" He suggested with an all-too-cheerful smile. "You either see all of your friends again, or everyone else gets out thanks to you! You'll be a hero!"

The voice that replied was shaky and quiet. "I... I don't know-"

"You said you wanted to be useful," the negotiator interrupted him firmly, leaning towards the other person. "So shut up and be useful. Listen to me. You want the killing game to end, right?"

"Y-Yes, but-"

"It won't be painful. Trust me. We can.. make a deal, per se?"

"A.. deal?"

"I'll tell you a little... secret. One of us has been working with Hoggokuma. One of us is a traitor," he explained gleefully. "What you do with this information is up to you, but I'll tell you who if you agree!"

"I..."

Shit. Shit!

Within a flash, Akira dropped her banana and replaced it with an arrow from her pouch. She didn't care to see who he was talking to - she practically threw him against the wall, holding the arrow right up to his face.

 She didn't care to see who he was talking to - she practically threw him against the wall, holding the arrow right up to his face