[ chapter 2 - ah shit, here we go again ]

The procedure to the Ferris Wheel was more or less the same.

The only difference was that instead of fifteen students, there were thirteen. Two more had perished in this ' amusement park ', and unless they found the killer, only one would leave. Either way, people would die here. She knew that. From next to her, Rei could sense her confliction, and though she didn't look pleased about doing it, she gently pat Akira's back and mouthed, ' you did it last time, you can do it this time '.

While most of the students seemed mildly upset about going back to the trial, a few were absolutely freaking out.

"I-I can't go back in there, man." Banri whispered to himself. "I don't wanna see someone else die like that, it's mad- it's just full of shit, man!"

"Calm down, big boy," Naoki rolled his eyes, "thought your ' little buddy ' didn't like people cussing."

"Who cares about what he wants?!" Eiko cried. "He's a cold-blooded killer! Him and Mioko probably worked together because they're both cruel!"

"I-I'm not the killer!" Mioko shouted back. "Neither is Raizo! He's too nice to kill someone!"

"If it isn't him, then who is it?" Rei scoffed. "Mioko, emotions can't take over in times like this. He was locked in the arcade with the body. Sounds like a murderer to me."

"W-Well, if nobody believes me, I'll prove he's innocent! Just you wait and see! I'll prove it!" Mioko held her fist up, though it still didn't make her look intimidating.

"Oh- I'll help too!" Banri smiled. "My little buddy over here is too twig-ish to kill someone."

"Oh, wow. I didn't know you three were so close. That's a cursed trio if I ever saw one," Chiemi murmured, "very cursed indeed."

"C-Cursed?!" Kouta nearly dropped his ice pack in shock. "What's cursed? Who's what-now?"

Rei rolled her eyes. "That was a joke, Kouta."

"Oh."

Hoggokuma walked out of the board leading to the trial room once the commotion died down. "O-kay, everyone! We set up the portraits! You can all come in now!"

Great.

-

Akira was one of the first people to get into the trial room.The first thing she noticed was the three portraits set up of the people who had died: Ikue, Isamu, and now, Jutaro.

here have this piece of shit: true android quality

btw, as for the letters: on each side of the portrait is that person's initials. ikue's: I.E on each side. for isamu's: I.M, etc etc

M, etc etc

Creepy... Akira thought with a shiver as she sat down in her seat.

Eventually, everyone else joined her.