[ chapter 1 - the end ]

Isamu's eyes looked ready to pop out of his head with the amount of shock ridden on his face. "I..."

"Welp, looks like you bastards are ready to vote," Hejjikuma yawned, "took ya' long enough!"

A little pad turned on in front of her. This was voting, right?

"Just select the picture of the student you want to vote for," Hoggokuma instructed, "...oh, this is so terrible. I can't believe you're making them do this."

"Shut up!" Hejjikuma hissed. "We're just getting to the juicy bit!"

Akira sighed. Fingers trembling, she quietly selected Isamu's picture and voted for him.

"...Aaaand let's see the result!" Hejjikuma announced eagerly.

"I always hate this part... I can't believe one of our students would do something so harsh..." Hoggokuma cried.

[ CLASS TRIAl - ALL RISE! ]

Hejjikuma smiled, almost proudly. It made Akira want to punch the living daylights out of him. Only a sick, twisted monster like him would enjoy forcing students to kill like this. Of course, even if Isamu did commit the crime, she didn't believe he was evil or twisted in any way.

It's simple. He forced Isamu to do it. Ikue wouldn't want me blaming my classmates like this. If I do that, and I don't make it out of here alive... I won't be able to face her without feeling guilty.

"Yep, yep! You fuckers got it right! Ikue Enomoto's killer is Isamu Mariyasu! The crazy and the crazier!" Hejjikuma laughed. "What a twist! I bet you all thought it'd be super easy, or pick the easy way out and assume Tokihiko did it."

"Well, there's always a twist..." Obokata sighed. "Even if someone was at the murder scene, it wouldn't make them the killer."

"Wow. Someone else being at the crime scene while it happened? Why does that feel familiar?" Hoggokuma murmured to himself.

Quickly changing the subject, Chiemi slid her finger under her lenses to wipe her eyes. "Why did you kill her, Isamu?!" She shouted. "What kind of monster would do something so terrible! She didn't deserve this!"

"I demand an explanation as well," Kouta's eyes narrowed, "I can't believe one of my students would be so reckless and selfish. Sacrificing your classmates to escape is beyond greedy."

"It- It was that dammed hedgehog!" Isamu pointed a shaking finger at Hejjikuma, who put his paws up innocently. "He- while I was leaving to get to the stage this morning... he came to talk to me."

"Oh? Do tell. I'm sure a conversation with a stuffed animal would make someone bloodthirsty," Rei hissed through gritted teeth.

"He gave me a note."

"A note?" Akira repeated. "Who was it from?"

"My aunty," the tap dancer gripped his sleeve tightly. "he told me about the business. Without me, it would be ruined. We need that money - she needs that money."

"What? So you killed her for money?" Rei picked at her fingernail.

Isamu groaned. "No! I did it so I could get back to her! That business is all we have - we made money doing shows together. We were a duo - me and my older sister. My aunt took care of us and made sure we were spick and span, you know?"

"So why is money so tight? Wouldn't you sister still do shows and make her money?" Shinako asked curiously. "Not to be rude, of course."

"It's fine. I guess I'm gonna get executed here anyway, so might as well spill it," he shrugged.