[ chapter 3 - shinako is useful for once ]

Question of The Day:

How have you guys been? I can't think of any questions relating to the story right now, so I'd like to get to know you guys better!

this chapter, aka rei screaming for 10 minutes

-

"What the hell?!"

Rei had been standing at Tokihiko's door arguing with Hoggokuma for maybe... ten minutes or so? Apparently, rooms could only be unlocked like this if the person was already dead, and since Tokihiko wasn't dead, Rei wasn't allowed into his room.

"I'm sorry, Rei. Those are the rules..." Hoggokuma apologized for the tenth time today. "I can't let you into his room unless he dies."

"He's gonna die after this trial anyway because he's the culprit!" Rei insisted.

"Yes, but I can't let you in until that happens," Hoggokuma responded firmly. "I have an idea: go talk to Shinako. She might have important information."

Akira raised her eyebrow at the foley artist's name. Truth be told, she was the first one to find Eiko's body.

Maybe she does know something.

Akira took the time to slip away from Rei while she continued to argue with Hoggokuma. Getting information from Shinako was more important than breaking into Tokihiko's room, at least, for now.

Luckily, she didn't have to look very far, seeing as Shinako was kinda just lounging around in the halls doing nothing.

She saw Akira walking up to her and waved. "Oh, hey!"

"Hoggokuma said you knew something," Akira said, face dead serious, "do you?"

"Erm- well, I don't know anything, but I did see something," Shinako shrugged, "not too long ago, actually. This morning, before I found Eiko's body."

Seeing as Akira was waiting for her to continue, Shinako elaborated. "I was going to grab a morning snack in the kitchen when Mioko came into the dining hall. She was really, really freaking out. So I walked over to ask what was wrong and she started crying. It was... really weird, honestly. I have a feeling that she might've seen Eiko's body before I did. They were friend-ish, right?"

"I guess."

Not after that fight... But still, I can see how that'd be a reason for her freaking out.

[TRUTH BULLET - Shinako's Account]

ZZT! ZZT!

"Attention, students! It's time for the class trial! Please make your way to the ferris wheel so we can get the third class trial underway!"

ZZT! ZZT!

"Shit," Akira cussed, clenching her fist, "I didn't have a chance to ask Mioko about it. I guess I can do it when we get there."

"Hey," Shinako put a hand on her shoulder. "Don't be so tense! We got through two class trials, we can do a third, even if two people died instead of one. You've gotta be a leader now that Kouta's gone. He wouldn't want one of the smartest people here to break under the pressure of his murder. He'd want you to keep going and that's what you're gonna do!"

Akira smiled. "Yeah. Thanks, Shinako. Let's get going, then."

-

Again, the road to the Ferris wheel was mostly the same.

(Save for the fact that they had to separate Rei and Tokihiko out of fear she'd try to punch his face in).

"O-kay! The new portraits are up!" Hoggokuma announced happily. "You can all go to start the trial now!"