[ chapter 3 - the tripwire trap ]

Question of The Day:

If I decide to create another Fanganronpa after this, would you read it?

...for research purposes.

(totally don't already have 2 designs ready)

-

[NON-STOP DEBATE START!]

Chiemi: So we all know Eiko tripped on the tripwire and stuff, blah blah blah.

Chiemi: How'd she... y' know- die?

Mutsumi: Oh! Oh! I know!

Mutsumi: Maybe there were motion sensors under the freefall ride that triggered it!

Naoki: Fucking idiot. Motion sensors would probably prevent a ride from moving if someone was underneath it.

Rei: Plus, that's also just not correct.

Rei: The control panel was turned on-

"I agree with that!"

[BREAK!]

Akira nodded her head in agreement. "I think I know what happened, actually. Eiko's weight on the tripwire caused an object to fall on the control panel, which set off the ride and crushed her."

"Okay, but... how?" Shinako asked.

...Oh, right. I should probably figure out how that worked.

I'm sure I can find out somehow. It shouldn't be... too difficult.

[PSYCHE TAXI START!]

Question 1:

What happened to the control panel?

Something fell on it

Water was dumped on it

Someone pushed a button

Question 2:

How did Eiko falling trigger that?

Pushed down the ribbon

Broke a ribbon

Pushed a ribbon

Question 3:

What was the ribbon pushed down onto?

The sharp section of the gate

The control panel

The freefall ride

[BREAK!]

"Okay... let me try to explain this," Akira inhaled sharply. This would be tough to explain. "Eiko's weight caused the rest of the ribbon attached to the tripwire to get pushed down. Rei and I saw part of the ribbon was cut in half clean - next to the section of the gate with the sharp edges. What I think happened is her weight pushed the ribbon down onto that part of the gate, which cut it loose."

"Okay, but how did that lead to the control panel?" Obokata shot back. "A ribbon breaking won't trigger it."

Right. There was something at the scene I can assume had to do with it somehow.

[SELECT SOMETHING!]

"I'm guessing that the ribbon was... tied around that heavy suitcase we found by the control panel. Maybe the ribbon holding it up got cut and it fell." Akira replied. "It's heavy enough to push the button."

"Oh! That makes sense!" Mioko gasped.

"But what about the papers inside the suitcase? Don't they seem odd to you?" Rei questioned. " ' What to do in a Hostage Situation ' isn't something your everyday Joe would deal with."