[ chapter 5 - on the hunt! ]

Question of The Day:

All jokes aside, where's Raizo at?

sorry for the short chappie :< it's for the sake of cliffhangers

(i told y'all chapter 5 is gonna be SHORT AS SHIT because it's important for plot reasons)

-

Rei stood up so abruptly she nearly knocked her chair over. "Wait, what?! He's missing and you didn't tell anyone until now? What if someone killed him!?"

"Caaalm your tits. He's gotta be around somewhere." Naoki shrugged. "Just thought we'd look for him just in case. That psycho is missing too, yeah? What if they're like... I dunno, doing evil shit."

"What? Tokihiko? He's an actual three-year-old. What's he gonna do, gobble Raizo's ankles?" Chiemi rolled her eye.

"Ignoring the fact he killed someone." Obokata murmured sarcastically.

"Oh. Right. I hated Eiko so much I forgot she existed." Chiemi laughed to herself. "Moving on, moving on. Groups of two?"

Rei grabbed Akira's arm and stood up. "Cool, right. I know where to check. Come on."

"Hey! Not even waiting for us?" Obokata shouted as she tugged Akira out, though Rei didn't even stop to look back at him.

-

"Um...?"

"Okay, this will take a bit of explaining, but I haven't been completely honest with you." Rei turned around, an apologetic frown on her face. "I told you that I've just been finding these diary entries around, but I've been stealing them."

"Stealing them?! From who? Who's Yuuna?" Akira asked, hand still holding a messy, crumpled-up diary entry. "You're saying he found where Yuuna is?"

"Yuuna is our Mastermind - the one behind the killing game. I don't have many of them, but they're pretty compelling. Truth is, I've been trying to get close to you guys. I do care about you, but if I stayed alone, Yuuna would no doubt kill me." She said firmly. "That's why we need to go to her camera room now because I showed him a diary before we found Shinako's body."

"Don't explain anymore. Just take me there." Akira interrupted her before she could continue.

Rei nodded and led her towards the entrance of the dorms.

-

Rei led her outside, then towards the Ferris Wheel. "Watch this."

She walked over to the control panel and pulled out a piece of paper. "The only diary entry I found by itself was this one. It had an ' S ' shape on it, so I thought of the control panel here and pressed the buttons that formed an S shape and it opened a room." She quickly tapped six buttons, the metal bottom of the Ferris Wheel opening up with a mechanical whirr.

"This is one of the only rooms with no surveillance cameras," Rei explained. "since this is where Yuuna controls Hoggokuma and Hejjikuma."

"So... if we go in, will we see her?" Akira asked curiously, hand on her chin. "My arrows are good at killing people."

"No. She knows everything. She probably knows we're here right now. She's somewhere else." Rei led her inside. "It's really dusty."

"Really?" Akira sniffed a few times. It smelled nice - like jasmine and cinnamon. "It smells lovely in here!"

Rei raised her eyebrow and took a whiff. "...It does? That's so... weird. It usually smells like burning hopes and dreams combined with cheap soap."

"Maybe air freshener?" Akira suggested.

Rei's face suddenly paled. She nudged Akira as they door behind them closed, hence trapping them in the Ferris Wheel. "...Or candle wax."

"Holy shit." Akira stiffened up instantly. "...What smells weird?"

Rei inhaled sharply. "Smells like... oh shit."

"Smells like oh shit?" Akira joked, though judging by Rei's face, now was no time for jokes. Rei grabbed her arm and bolted down the Ferris Wheel room's stairs, running to the left and towards a steel corridor.

Their footsteps boomed and echoed through the seemingly never-ending corridor. Rei, panting from all the running, turned around to explain. "There's a door just past here. That's the room I found all the diary entries. There are no cameras and a lot of books. I think that's where he is."

Akira suddenly froze in place. "...Rei, we never did find Tokihiko, did we?"

-

So that's the story of how Akira and Rei bolted towards a door so quickly that one of them fell on their own ankle and attempted to crabwalk the rest of the way there.

Akira put Rei off her back. "You can stand?"

"Yeah. It's not sprained, just probably a bruise," Rei shifted her weight around so she was comfortable. "You need a certain kind of ticket to get in. Only Shinako, Yuuna, and I have one. I stole it as well." She pulled out a red ticket with a strange symbol on it. She scanned it on the door and listened as the door beeped and the light turned green. "Or so I thought."

Akira gulped, her throat sore from the run and her entire body shaking with anticipation.

A murder literally happened like, a day ago. This cannot be happening so soon.

But, as she turned the door open, she saw...

-

cliffhanger AYYYYYYY

im sorry don't kill me

i'll push out the BDA and see if i can try to get some more stuffs out =