[ chapter 2 - tokihiko u little shit ]

"Spit it out already!" Shinako cried. "Did you or did you not lock the arcade?"

Tokihiko's eyes darkened. He put both of his hands on the pedestal and smiled even wider than usual. "So what if I did? What does it prove? Is that all the evidence you have pointing me to the murder?"

"Not until we find out what time he died. We might just have our culprit already," Rei narrowed her eyes.

Tokihiko shrugged. "Maybe. Maybe not."

"Before we go and vote without the full story... does anyone have an idea of when Jutaro was killed?" Chiemi asked.

The class was silent.

"Well, if Raizo's story is correct, then he must've died before 6 A.M," Akira murmured, "since that whole arcade thing happened before the morning announcement."

"Hm... it's still a pretty big time space. Did anyone talk to Jutaro before his death?" Kouta sighed.

"Well, this should help narrow it down. At my midnight walks, his window was still closed. I'm certain the killer messed up his room once they killed him," Rei said, "so he must've died between one and six A.M."

"But wouldn't everyone not have an alibi at that time?" Chiemi asked. "We'd all be sleeping."

"Just because he died at nighttime doesn't mean the killer did it at nighttime," Rei stated, "if you know what I mean."

"...I don't, actually, no," Chiemi replied.

"What I mean is... the killer set up a trap."

A trap?

"Akira and I looked to the dorms and we found two knives in Jutaro's room. What she missed, however, was a small string danging from the doorframe of his room," Rei explained.

A string?! I didn't see a string.

It doesn't matter. If Rei is right, the killer set up a trap to kill Jutaro... but what exactly is that trap?

[PSYCHE TAXI START!]

QUESTION ONE:

When did the killer ' set up ' the trap?

Before the morning announcement

During the day

At nighttime

QUESTION TWO:

What was done to the string to set up a trap?

Tied around one of the knives

Laid over the doorframe

Tied like a tripwire on the floor

QUESTION THREE:

What would happen when Jutaro opened the door?

Knife would fall and hit him

The string would fall on him and distract him

He would trip on the wire and onto a knife

[BREAK!]

"...So this is my theory," Akira started, "the killer knew they wanted to kill, so they set up the trap during daytime, after the morning announcement yesterday. They must've tied the string to a knife and then kept it still using the doorframe. Then, when Jutaro opens the door, the knife would fall on him-"

"Let me hammer this in for you!"

Eiko pointed her finger at Akira with a snarl on her face. "No, that's impossible!"