[ deluded - the beginning ]

Question of The Day:

Any predictions for the ending? It's going to be a huge plot twist, probably. Unless it's so easy you all guessed it.

oh my goooood i'm gonna hate this ending. it's so painful

-

"Fuck! That brat ruined the execution!" Hejjikuma hissed as he exited the trial room.

Akira was speechless. Was she proud of him for denying Yuuna a real execution? Yes. Was she upset over how painful his death looked? Hell yes.

"I know you'll want to blame Tokihiko for all of this. Just... don't."

She sighed. Raizo was right. Tokihiko may have gone to extremes, but she knew he was doing what was, in his eyes, the right thing.

"Before you all leave..." Rei called to the rest of the students. "...I think it's time we finally do something about Yuuna. I say we hold one last Class Trial."

"But nobody's been killed." Chiemi pointed out.

"A Class Trial to determine just who this ' Yuuna ' is, and where exactly we are." Rei explained. "Seeing as Hejjikuma seems okay with us knowing she exists, I'm sure he'd be fine with us meeting her."

"Bring out... Yuuna?" Hejjikuma repeated it. "I mean, if she's okay with it, we can. She always wanted to be in an actual Class Trial."

"That was a quick choice." Obokata murmured. "Bring 'er out, then."

"Alright." Hejjikuma walked over to his station and pressed a large button. "I'll bring out Yuuna if you guys wanna do a trial so bad. It's probably the last trial anyway."

"...Probably?" Chiemi asked nervously.

"Depends on the choices you make." Hejjikuma replied. "Anyways, here she is."

He pointed to the trial doorway, where a new figure stood. As they walked in, Akira could see it was a person she didn't recognize.

They had gray-purple hair tied in a messy braid, thrown over their left shoulder. Their eyes were a dull brown, lifeless and empty. They had glasses, though the right lens was missing. They wore a simple purple hoodie and jeans.

Yuuna.

-

"Hello, students." Yuuna chirped. "I'm glad you wanted to see me so badly. Are you upset? Upset that I killed all your friends?" She walked down the hallway and sat in Hejjikuma's old chair. "Good. Let me see the despair in your eyes as you realize I can kill all of you and you won't be able to do anything about it."

"I could shoot you. I could shoot you right now and end all of this." Akira threatened, holding up her bow and aiming with a serious glint in her eyes. "You'd better explain everything, or I will."

Yuuna barked out a laugh. "Oh! You're going to kill me?! How adorable!" She pulled out a torn-up piece of paper and a pencil from her pocket and scribbled down a word. Without even thinking, Akira turned around the bow and aimed it at herself, much to her own surpirse. Yuuna simply chuckled. "See? You can't kill me even if you tried."

"Explain yourself!" Rei shouted at the girl, who looked very uninterested. "What the fuck does this all even mean?"

"You figure it out." Yuuna answered, smirking at Rei's absolutely furious expression. "You have all the diary entries... I'm upset my Killing Game didn't go as planned, but isn't it even better when the one behind it- actually, I can't say that."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Naoki snorted. "You're so clearly the one behind all this."

"Eh, kind of." Yuuna shrugged. "Actually, one of you is the only reason this Killing Game even happened. One of you is unintentionally the Mastermind!"

"Don't fuck with me! These idiots don't have enough brain cells to do that!" Naoki shouted.

"So maybe it's you." Yuuna sneered. "...First topic! Where are you? You all saw beyond the barrier. The outside world isn't real, so what world are you guys even in?"

"...What world? We're in the real world, obviously." Chiemi answered.

"...Are you, really?" Yuuna asked, raising her eyebrow and throwing her leg over the chair. "Think about it. There's nothing else outside besides void, and your actions can be controlled by a pencil and a piece of paper."

"Y-You don't mean... this isn't the real world?" Akira asked, shock overcoming her features when Yuuna smirked and nodded.

"Ding ding ding! Yep! You guys aren't even real people - except one of you - oh, isn't it just despair-inducing? Heartbreaking? Make you want to die?" Yuuna laughed hysterically, eyes swirling manically as the students all let what she said sink in.

"W- s-so... I'm not real?!" Chiemi asked. "S-Shinako wasn't real? It was all fake?!"

"Honestly, it's so boring when you're shocked like this." Yuuna sighed. "Wasn't it obvious? I can control all your actions by writing it down? What does that mean? Akira, you're smart. What's it mean? Or... am I just writing you to know what this means? Haha! Who knows?"

What does it mean what does it mean what does it mean

[ What does this mean? ]

1. nothing

2. nothing

3. nothing

4. We're all book characters

"..."

[ BREAK! ]

"..." Akira was completely silent. She refused to believe it. She wouldn't believe it. It was fake.

"Hahaha! What's wrong? Too shocked to speak?" Yuuna put a hand on her chest, head resting on the chair as she tried to stop laughing. "Here! I'll do it for you!" She scribbled some more on the paper in front of her.

"We're all book characters!" Akira yelped out, then squeaked and covered her mouth. "H-How did-"

"How did I make you say it out loud?" Yuuna asked, waving around the paper. "Simple. You're all book characters, right? If I can control all of your actions like this, I wonder what that makes me. Haha! What a world we live in!"

What does that make Yuuna what does that make Yuuna

[ What does that make Yuuna? ]

1. real person

2. real person

3. author

4. book character

5. book character

"..."

[ BREAK! ]

Yuuna stuck her tongue to the side and scribbled some words down.

"Yuuna is the author of the book we're all in." Chiemi blurted out before jolting ten feet in the air. "Ah! Stop controlling my mouth, you evil witch!"

"Fiiine, I'll just do someone else instead." Yuuna muttered. "So disrespectful. I made you! Respect your creator!"

"Cre... ator?" Obokata breathed out.

"Well, duh. You're book characters and I'm the author. I made the characters, obviously. I also made all the trials. Well, most of them. That brat Tokihiko ruined it." She hissed. "I guess self-awareness can make the writing ineffective. That's probably why he stopped talking like a thesaurus humper so often by the fourth murder."

"Thesaurus humper? Really? How lovely." Naoki scoffed. "I regret being created by you."

"Well, not everyone can say that, because as I said, one character in particular is actually real, besides me!" Yuuna chirped. "A character I wrote as a self-insert, so I could finally be in the Killing Game of my dreams after the official show ended! This character is actually the main character, meaning if they died, the Killing Game would end! They're the Mastermind, they just don't know it yet!"

She sat up fully, dropping the paper on the ground but keeping the pencil. "And that person is..."

"...Your beloved Akira Sashiki!"