[ chapter 4 - eee scrum debate ]

Question of The Day:

How should I celebrate the milestone? - half of the students are now officially dead! Yay!

sorry this came out so late :(

i don't really know what's happening right now. my sleep schedule's been out of wack for like, a month now. i'm not tired at all during the night and i'll just lie on my couch for hours staring at my roof and then during the daytime i'm basically half-asleep the entire time. i just had a shit-ton of naps and now it's 3:30 pm and i'm still tired. damn eyebags are fucking ugly tho lmao

-

[ SCRUM DEBATE START! ]

REI: Shinako knew about her death - possibly because she planned suicide.

"I got it!"

AKIRA: She also mentioned not being in control of it. She could've known about her death and she probably also knew she couldn't stop it.

OBOKATA: She could've grabbed the materials from her arcade, though.

"Raizo!"

RAIZO: But... the only ones who couldn't have grabbed the materials in time were Tokihiko, Akira, and I...

NAOKI: Eh, it's in her character to do this kinda thing, you know?

"Tokihiko!"

TOKIHIKO: Was it in Mioko's character to kill Kouta? No. That has nothing to do with it!

MUTSUMI: But it's the only logical reason!

"Chiemi!"

CHIEMI: Piece the evidence together. It's the least logical reason there is.

[ BREAK! ]

"Shinako may have planned to kill herself - that part, I agree with," Akira started, "but she probably never got to carry it out. She was killed before she could. Besides, she would have no use for oil either, you know?"

"Still, physically, it's completely possible," Rei argued. "The wounds? It's all possible for it to be self-inflicted."

No it isn't?

[ Which wound couldn't have been self-inflicted? ]

1. The forehead wound

2. The hand wounds

3. The bruise on her face

"I got it!"

[ BREAK! ]

"She couldn't have bruised her face. Someone else did that," Akira explained, "the bruise covered her entire cheek. It was a heavy, large object. Not only did she not have the strength to do that, but there was no such object in sight."

"A compelling point!" Tokihiko chirped. "Though, you are flubbing a final tally that certifies someone else was at the scene."

...Another piece of evidence? That proves someone else was there?

Oh! Right! I almost forgot about that.

[ HANGMAN'S GAMBIT - START! ]

D, T, O, O, S, L, A, B, P, T, R, E

"I got it!"

[ BREAK! ]

"Tokihiko and I found two different blood splatters by the crime scene," Akira stated. "...One was on the left side of Shinako's face - the opposite side of the bruise - and the other was closeby in front of her. They were different shades of pink, so they must've come from two different people."