[ chapter 1 - more questions ]

"Akira."

Oh. Isamu was talking to her. He seemed oddly serious - maybe he was really just that upset about the show being ruined. "Why don't we check out this room? Her body had to end up here somehow, you know? Yeah, you know."

"Yeah... good idea," Akira tried not to sound too upset, but it's hard to. Ikue was a good person, even if she was unintentionally rude sometimes. Why anyone (except maybe Naoki) would kill her was just a puzzle to the archer.

"This room is fairly big. You search the other half over there and I'll look at the area near the curtain," Akira instructed. Isamu nodded and ran off, that familiar pitter-patter of his tap shoes bouncing along the wooden floor.

The curtain was super heavy when Banri and I lifted it. Maybe there's a clue there.

As she walked over to the curtain, she noticed Shinako holding part of it with a puzzled expression. Hopeful that the foley artist had found a clue, she approached her. "Shinako! What did you find?"

"Oh, hey, Akira," Shinako moved her hand so Akira could get a better look. "There's a hole in the curtain here. I'm not sure if it's important, but you and Banri noticed that the curtain was really heavy, right?"

"Yeah. What do you think?"

"Maybe something heavy was attached to the hole here? That would give the killer time to run in, put the body down, and then run away. Plus, it also lowers our list of suspects, right?" Shinako theorized with a serious expression.

"Yeah. To anyone who wasn't here in the arcade - Mioko, Eiko, Tokihiko, Kouta, Mutsumi, Obokata, and Isamu," Akira noted. "I'd like to believe it's that simple, but it's still really confusing."

"Oh! By the way! On the way to the arcade, I saw Tokihiko!" Shinako announced. "He was just walking really far behind us for some reason. I didn't ask what he was doing, though. Maybe you should bring it up?"

That's a bit suspicious...

"Yeah, I will. Thanks, Shinako," Akira smiled and walked away from the curtain, still confused, but a little more confident.

[ TRUTH BULLET - Shinako's Account ]

[ TRUTH BULLET - Hole in Curtain ]

She met back up with Isamu, who proved to be quite useful. He managed to find two things.

For one, there was a small ramp going up the very end of the arcade. Someone put a sharp wooden triangle by the end of it - almost like a speed bump.

 [ TRUTH BULLET - Arcade Ramp ]

Secondly, he found... a bucket?

"It looks like the kind you'd find in a janitor's closet, you see?" Isamu seemed as puzzled as Akira. "There's blood in it too, you see? And the weird part - why is a rope here?"

"Yeah... I wonder."

A bucket and a rope. Two pieces of evidence that seem to have nothing to do with the case. Yet, I can't help but wonder...

[ TRUTH BULLET - Bloody Bucket ]

[ TRUTH BULLET - Rope ]

-

Akira and Isamu were just about to leave when they saw Jutaro deep in conversation with himself.

"Jutaro, what are you thinking about?" Akira asked him as she walked over.

"O-Oh." Jutaro shrugged. "I-I was writing down the times everyone left the arcade in my book while I was there. Figured it'd be u-useful for later," he held out the notebook, full of names and timestamps, "h-here. Take a look."

Akira, Eiko, Jutaro, Banri, Raizo, Mioko, Naoki, Ikue, Chiemi - enter 6 P.M

Eiko, Mioko - leave 6:30(?) P.M

Isamu - enter 7:50 P.M

Isamu - leave 7:55 P.M

Ikue - leave 8:00 P.M

Kouta - enter ~8:15 P.M

Kouta - leave 8:25 P.M

Isamu, Kouta, Tokihiko - enter 9:00 P.M

[ TRUTH BULLET - Enter / Exit Log ]

"This is super useful!" Akira grinned ear-to-ear. "Thank you, Jutaro!"

"I-I was just thinking... a-aren't Eiko, Mioko, and Isamu suspicious?" Jutaro suggested.

Isamu, looking mildly offended, huffed and crossed his arms. "It's a coincidence I showed up at that time! I didn't snoop around either - I didn't even know she was gonna leave, you see, you see."

"Well, we probably don't have much time..." Akira slowly and discreetly walked in between them so the two wouldn't fight. "thanks for the information, Jutaro, but we really need to look around more. Isamu, can we go to the janitor's closet? If the bucket came from there, there might be more clues."

"Hm. Okie-dokie, missy!" Isamu saluted her. "Lead the way!"

With a roll of her eyes, the two waved goodbye to Jutaro, ready for more investigating.

-

All of these questions and more will [not] be answered with the 3rd and final part of the investigation!

Also, most cutscenes will have pictures, so expect more of those in the future, even if I'm not exactly an artist!