[ chapter 1 - the final investigation! ]

finally lmao

also this one's fairly short since most of the evidence was in the arcade or close by

-

Finally, they found a janitor's closet near the stage.

Mutsumi and Obokata were there, explaining that they got the memo about Ikue's body. Still, Obokata refused to go in (since he had haemophobia, apparently, and seeing blood made him queasy), so they decided to just start investigating.

"It sucks big time," Mutsumi sighed. "All I could find was some stinking bloody garbage bag. and a broom. Even the stage was more interesting to investigate."

"Actually, aren't those things fairly important-" Obokata started.

"Shush."

Akira giggled a bit to herself. Mutsumi sure was something. "Hey, 'Sumi, can I see that garbage bag?"

"Oh, sure, dudette!" Mutsumi grinned and threw the bag at her. It nearly hit her in the face, but luckily she caught it.

 It nearly hit her in the face, but luckily she caught it

(lmao it looks worse than i expected. when you're rushing it's to be expected ;;)

-

"Careful, Mutsumi," Akira warned, brushing herself off, "you almost hit me in the face..."

"Oh, oops!" Sumi chuckled. "My bad. Anyways, what do you notice on the bag?"

Akira turned the bag around, confusion ridden on her face. "A bunch of blood... and two holes?"

"Holes? I didn't notice any holes," Sumi crossed her arms. "Are you psychic? That'd be totally extreme, like, extreme to the max."

"Or maybe you just didn't look," Obokata huffed from behind her. In turn, the snowboarder playfully hit him in the arm, causing him to burst out laughing.

[ TRUTH BULLET - Garbage Bag ]

"As for the broom..." Isamu picked up the bloodied broom, observing the edge, "I think we can safely say it's the murder weapon, am I right?"

"What? Is it even possible to kill someone in one hit with a plastic broom?" Obokata asked stubbornly. "Shouldn't there be something a lot better around here somewhere?"

"Yeah, but we don't really have any more options," Akira sighed, "for now, we just have to assume."

"I guess," Isamu shrugged.

[ TRUTH BULLET - Broom ]

ZZT! ZZT!

"Attention, attention!"

The loudspeaker was on.

"I said attention, dammit! Get your asses to the Ferris Wheel! I'm getting bored and I wanna have a trial!"

"Hejji, there's no need to be so rude about it-"

"Shut up, you fucking wuss!"

"Um- students, please arrive at the Ferris Wheel so we can start the trial," Hoggokuma announced in a sad voice, "that way we don't have to punish all you wonderful people."

ZZT! ZZT!

"Guess we should go then, huh?" Obokata murmured. "Welp, I've already accepted death. Goodbye, everyone."

"Don't talk like that! Being emo isn't gonna fix anything, you know," Sumi grumbled. "I believe in all of us. We're gonna go to that trial, beat the killer's ass, and then- bam bam! We'll get the Hell out of here and be friends when we do."

Akira couldn't help but smile. "You're too optimistic for your own good."

Sumi returned the smile and ruffled Obokata's hair. "Anything to get this grouch to lighten up."

Obokata smiled, though it was smaller than the rest of the group's. He rubbed his sleeve and nodded. "...Yeah. Let's do this."