[ chapter 4 - desperate situations ]

Question of The Day:

Which execution has been your favorite?

[Edit: the long rant about the wake is no longer here. i don't wanna bother you guys with my problems anymore, it's my responsibility to cope in a healthy way and crying to people on the internet is NOT a way to do it.]

-

"Ah, lying to protect your friend?" Rei sneered. "How... noble. Sadly, it isn't going to work."

"Just... try to piece together the evidence correctly! It all points to me! I did it! Akira knows, I know, Obokata knows! But neither of them had the balls to say anything about it, so I'm doing it myself!" She shouted, throwing her arms into the air with the most desperate expression Akira had ever seen on her. "Just let me die!"

"Mutsumi, what the Hell are you doing?!" Obokata exclaimed. "You didn't do it!"

"Oh, really? Really? Wise coming from you, who saw me do it. Wise coming from you, who helped me hide when Rei found the body. Wise coming from you, who-" she started.

"Mutsumi." Akira inhaled. "Shut up."

"What?"

"I said shut up. We're doing this trial fair and square. Innocent until proven guilty and you have not been proven guilty." She replied firmly. "Now, let's go over things one topic at a time instead of jumping to conclusions."

"Topics like... what?" Raizo asked nervously.

"The object that Shinako was hit with," Akira suggested, "it must've been big and heavy and-....oh my God, really?"

"See? You're realizing now, right? How painstakingly obvious it is now?" Mutsumi asked smugly.

"Quiet, you," Akira shot back, "we'll find out something different."

[ NON-STOP DEBATE START! ]

REI: So, we've concluded Shinako was hit with a blunt object.

REI: Like what?

MUTSUMI: Oh, come on guys! It's so obvious! Akira literally saw it.

MUTSUMI: The ' object ' was a snowboard from my lab-

"Ah- um- let me shoot down that... correct phrase?"

[ BREAK! ]

"What's up with you?" Naoki scoffed. "Is she right or wrong?"

"I-I don't know!" Akira cried. "I don't know!"

"A snowboard would work as an object, not to mention that if you just greased up the bottom, I'm sure you'd be able to slide away from the scene in time to get to your lab before I'd see you..." Rei murmured. "Suspicious."

"Ah!" Akira gasped. "Um! No it isn't! M-Maybe someone just... stole a snowboard from her lab and used it to frame her? Why else would she be so insistent on us voting for her?"

"Hm. True. Normally only a crazy person like Tokihiko-"

"Hey!"

"-would be fine with dying like that. Maybe... she's defending a special somebody?" Naoki shot a suspicious look at Obokata, who raised his eyebrow at the accusation. "...He gets ' injured ', then seems to be fine two seconds later... and if he followed her when she left the group... they could be working together. She's just trying to take the blame for him and get us all executed!"

"No!" Both of them shouted in unison.

"Look at this man. Look in this man's face right now. He's too much of a wuss to kill someone! I'm telling you, I did it! Just let me die!" Mutsumi cried desperately. "All the evidence points towards me, for Pete's sake!"