[ chapter 3 - a double investigation? ]

Question of The Day:

What do you guys think of the cutscenes? Do you want more or less of them?

also i am so fucking sorry for all you people saying "yeah love kouta!!"

lmao these are preplanned, had to go with it

-

Mutsumi saw Obokata enter the room and entered. "Hey! Are those the last two? Should we, like, do a body check in case someone else is missing?"

"Yeah. Good idea," Obokata agreed. The snowboarder somehow managed to smile and counted up everyone, not even glancing at Kouta. To be fair, Akira didn't want to look at him either.

"...Eiko is missing?" Mutsumi inquired curiously.

"Um... yeah, she's..." Obokata started. "I think we both know what happened."

Mutsumi sighed and nodded. "Hoggokuma... he gave us the pamphlet."

"Us too," Shinako held hers up. "We... We should still read it. Even if it's terrible-"

"All of you shut up!"

Rei held her hand in front of her chest, breathing heavily. "You're all taking this too- too not seriously! Kouta is dead dammit!"

"Woooow, how absolutely devastating." Naoki rolled his eyes, sarcasm dripping in his voice. "Didn't think you of all people would actually care about that idiot."

"He- He wasn't an idiot!" The historian shouted back. "At least he had morals! Unlike you and Mr. Killjoy over there!" She pointed with trembling fingers toward a grinning Tokihiko.

"How many times do I have to apprise it? Thy did not end Kouta's substantiality. Isn't Mioko suspicious...?"

"Why do you say that?!" Mioko asked, in a bit of shock.

Tokihiko shrugged. "Thy cervix laceration."

"G-Guys, can we please wait for the trial to accuse each other...?" Akira asked nervously. The tension between those three was crazy... "For now, we need to investigate, so everyone try and find a partner, okay?"

Reluctantly, everyone started to search for their friends to search with. Akira sighed and looked down at the two pamphlets.

[INVESTIGATION START!]

The victim is Eiko Adochi. The time of death is unknown. The victim's body was completely crushed, resulting in instant death, in addition to a scrape on the knee.

The victim is Kouta Ohori. The time of death is unknown. The victim suffered strangulation, plus head wounds.

[TRUTH BULLET - Pamphlets 3 And 4]

"So we don't know who died first..." Akira murmured. "I guess that's supposed to be an important clue."

This is so sick.

She looked up and saw Rei pacing around the room, flicking the air and basically stomping as loud as she could. Her outbreak was weird - especially with how she said Tokihiko was the killer. Akira sighed and decided she'd risk her face to ask.

"Rei-" She started.

Rei gave her a death glare. "You're not going to say I'm wrong too, are you? I know he did it."

"I'm just gonna ask you why... I don't want to say anyone's right or wrong until the trial," Akira replied with a nervous smile.

Rei huffed, crossed her arms, and started talking. "I was the first one to find... Kouta... and he was in the room when I got in here. He was just... smiling at the body. Like a creep."

"Staring at it...? That is weird..." Akira murmured. "Well... I won't bother you anymore. You look stressed out."

[TRUTH BULLET - Rei's Account]

-

It just kept getting harder and harder to investigate the bodies, but someone had to do it.

Looking at the head wound, she was able to deduce that he'd been hit multiple times. There were around five wounds, each one was like a deep hole inside of his head. She shivered at the thought of that.

[TRUTH BULLET - Kouta's Head Wounds]

Looking at his neck, she could see a deep bruise forming on his neck. It wasn't in the shape of someone's hand, instead seeming like a thin band strung around his neck. Looking even closer, she could see... glitter?

Strange.

[TRUTH BULLET - Neck Wound]

She looked down at his hands - they were a deep red, like the color that someone's hands would color when gripping onto something for dear life. She raised an eyebrow. Those marks didn't last long, did they?

[TRUTH BULLET - Kouta's Hands]

-

This was the third time in a row Tokihiko would be a suspect - seriously, what was up with him and making himself suspicious?

Akira went up to ask him about what Rei said, but the mystery-talent just gave her one sparing glance and left the room before she could question him.

Akira's eyes narrowed. She knew that he saw her - maybe he was avoiding it because he did do it. Maybe he knows who the killer is.

Either way, he can run all he wants, but he can't run away from the trial. I'll just get him then.

[TRUTH BULLET - Questioning Tokihiko]

Still, there was a lot to do and not a lot of time. There was so much evidence in Eiko's room alone - not to mention trying to analyze the little fight her and Mioko had... maybe the ' third person ' Eiko mentioned was him?

[TRUTH BULLET - Eiko and Mioko's Fight]

[TRUTH BULLET - Eiko's ' Blackmail ']

She turned her head and noticed that the anvil in Eiko's room (fitting for a blacksmith...) was all bloody. The very corner of it was still dripping with blood.

"It's fresh," Rei commented from behind her, "I checked."

"Fresh? So he couldn't have been killed too long ago," Akira murmured, "the wounds are all too fresh for it to have happened yesterday."

The same goes for Eiko... she must've died at least during nighttime.

[TRUTH BULLET - Bloody Anvil]

"Now, the only other thing you haven't checked that I noticed in here was the fact that Eiko's mirror is broken," Rei continued, "also, there's a hairclip on the floor."

"What color is it? Mioko wears a pink one, right?" Akira asked. "I mean, she gave one out to everyone when Mutsumi told us to run laps."

"It's black," Rei replied, "and it has glitter on it. Silver glitter."

So... was that the murder weapon? But Mioko's was pink, wasn't it? Did she even give anyone a black one? Mine was red...

[TRUTH BULLET - Hairclip on The Floor]

[TRUTH BULLET - Broken Mirror]

Rei inhaled. "I'm done investigating in here as well. We're going to Eiko's murder and investigating there."

She probably doesn't want to keep looking at Kouta's body... I feel a bit bad for her.

Akira smiled as well as she could. "Alright. I guess we're buddies again! Not that I mind, of course."

"I guess," Rei responded with a shrug.

As the two headed to the other crime scene, Akira attempted to cheer up the historian. "Oh- you are not gonna believe what Mana did the other day..."

-

plACE YOUR BETS HERE FOLKS

honestly i know its between two people here but jokes on you you don't know which it is hahah