i'm so tired...

"Just wanna go home"

Shots were being fired left and right as we ran for cover. Nothing made sense but I couldn't focus on that. I had to focus on us and not getting killed. As we entered a building for safety, I felt a shot graze my hip. I grunted in pain and tripped over my feet.

"You okay?" Daryl asked frantically.

"I'm fine," I said, out of breath. "Just grazed me. Come on, we can't stay here."

We weaved in and out of buildings, trying to escape. I was limping to the best of my ability. Blood was running down my leg and pain was shooting through it.

We made it outside again but everywhere we looked there were guns pointed at us. We looked at each other, trying to figure out what to do.

"Put your weapons on the ground!" someone shouted. He yelled again before we actually did.

"Ringleader, go to your left," Gareth demanded. "Train car. Go." Rick hesitated, shooting daggers at Gareth and giving his son and I worried glances. He complied, though.

"Now the archer," he continued. Daryl and I glanced at each other. He gave me a slight nod, just like he always did in these situations, before joining Rick.

"Now the samurai." Michonne joined the others, leaving Carl and I standing in the open. "Ringleader, archer, samurai, in that order."

Carl looked at me, fear racing through his eyes. His hands were shaking slightly. He constantly eyed the open wound on my leg.

"My son," Rick yelled. After a few long seconds, Gareth let Carl join them. I began breathing heavily. Why was I left alone?

"Put the pretty one with the others," Gareth said.

I looked at Daryl and Rick terrified. I didn't want to be taken from them again. Who are the others? Where are they taking me?

I kicked and screamed as two men grabbed my arms and began pulling me towards a separate train car. My injured leg was on fire and my throat burned from me screaming. I was scared shitless. What if I got lost?  What if they couldn't find me again? One of the men shoved a cloth on my face. I heard muffled yelling of my friends' voices as my body grew weak and my vision blurred.

***

When I came to my senses, the place I was in was extremely dark. I had no recollection of how I got here. I sat up quickly and backed up, hitting a metal wall and causing burning pain to shoot through my leg again.

"Hey, calm down, it's okay," a woman's voice said to me.

"What is this? Who are you?" I asked, my voice shaking and scared.

"My name is Cindy," the woman answered. "This train car is used by most of the men."

"For what?"

"They...they have their way with us," she muttered. My blood ran cold at her words, my thoughts being flooded with the Governor.

"Oh," I mumbled. "How long have I been out?"

"Hard to say. Telling the time in here is nearly impossible." We were silent for a moment before she added, "I tied up your hip as best I could, too. I kinda tore up your flannel, though. I hope you don't mind."

I felt around my hip and, along with the slightly damp cloth, felt the tourniquet she'd made.

"Thank you," I said. "How'd you know I had the injury?"