Paranoid

"Tell me why I can't get no relief."

I saw a commotion at the gates. Negan was here. I wasn't ready to face him again but I knew I couldn't give him that satisfaction. I wouldn't let him know he's broken me. Hell, he probably already knows. He greeted me with that stupid grin when he saw me.

"Well, hey there, doll," he said. "I am so fucking glad to see you. You know, I'm surprised you're out."

"Why's that?" I asked, my voice low and angered.

"You've been through one hell of a fuckin' week, doll. I'm sure you'd just wanna stay home with your husband." That fucking bastard. "Oh, wait," he smiled, "I have him."

My jaw clenched and nostrils flared. Tears threatened to spill from my eyes, they never seemed to stop. How fucking low do you have to be to say something like that? I cooperated with him that night, and he took everything from me.

"You know, doll, it's kinda fuckin' rude not to answer someone when they're talking to you."

"And what is it you want me to say, Negan?" I questioned in the same threatening tone. He just smiled.

"Anything you like, sweetheart."

"I am not your toy," I threatened. "Do not fucking treat me like one."

I stormed off back towards my house at the end of Alexandria. I passed by many Saviors taking things from others' houses and making piles in the streets. It was sick. How did these people lose their morality?

I haven't had the heart to clean up the mess I made yet, mostly because I've been trying to avoid it. I didn't need the constant reminder of how we got here. My feet crunched through the broken glass towards the stairs.

The door to my room was cracked. I could see a shadow standing in there. My steps slowed as I approached the door, gently pushing on it.

As it squeaked open, it alerted the person inside. He turned around to look at me. The sight broke me even more.

Daryl looked beaten and dirty, dressed in raggedy clothes with a big 'A' spray-painted onto it. His hands had a slight tremor. He was broken just like me. Probably worse. It was hard to see him through the tears.

"Daryl," I choked out finally, inhaling deeply after. I took a step toward him, he took one back. I looked at him, hurt and confused. He just shook his head and looked sad.

Someone grabbed my shoulder harshly, pulling me away from Daryl. I stumbled back and fell hard against the wall. A Savior.

"You're distracting us from our work," he said.

"Work?" I chuckled. "You're taking orders from a man who whacks peoples' heads in for shits and giggles. Kind of a pussy move, if you asked me."

He brought his fist back to punch me. I ducked out of the way as he hit the wall. I backed out of the room, the Savior walking up to me.

"Funny thing is I wasn't asking you."

He kicked me hard in the chest and I stumbled down the stairs. I was dizzy and had a hard time figuring everything out. Fight him. Yeah, that's what I was doing. I pulled my knife from its sheath on my thigh, catching my bearings as he walked down the stairs.

"Bite me," I spit.

He threw punches as I dodged them, ducking and swinging back and forth. I could feel the wind from the speed of his fist. God, this was stupid. Crazy stupid.

Shifting my weight, I kicked the Savior in the chest. He stumbled a bit but recovered quickly. He swung at me again, successfully hitting my check. I felt blood begin to ooze into my mouth. I wiped the corner of my mouth with the back of my hand, panting and staring down this asshole.