Come Together

"Here come old flat top, he comes groovin' up slowly."

The only reason I had begun to wake up was that I felt Daryl shifting underneath me. I was laid practically on top of him, much to his dismay. I let out a tired whine, wrapping the hand around his side around him a little tighter.

"Belle, I want to get up," he argued.

"No," I countered.

Daryl tried shifting again but had little luck detaching myself from his body. With a huff, he settled back into the mattress.

"Why are you like this?" he asked exasperatedly.

"Love you," I muttered out.

"God, your hair is everywhere."

"Stop whining."

"Says you! You literally won't let me move."

"You're comfy."

Daryl managed to chuckle at that. He sighed again and shook his head in defeat, tightly wrapping his arms around me.

"My pain in the ass," Daryl said.

"Mm-hm," I hummed proudly.

Eventually, Daryl managed to pull my lazy ass out of bed. Abraham had stopped by to tell us that Jesus managed to escape from the basement "cell" Rick and Daryl had put him in. I'm honestly not surprised, though there was a minor argument between Daryl and I about that decision. As we walked down the streets of Alexandria to get to Rick's house, I spotted Carl in the street. I hadn't really seen him since he's been shot.

I nearly sprinted to the young boy. His eye was bandaged but they no longer carried bloodstains. He paid no mind to it, really.

I wrapped him in the biggest embrace, a few tears clouding my vision. My God, I'm so happy he's okay.

"How are you, Squish?" I asked.

"I'm good," he replied with a small chuckle.

I pulled back and placed a hand on his cheek. I couldn't help but simply smile. Despite the tragedy, he still pushed on. My brave little man.

"Good," I finally replied. I left him with a kiss on the cheek before we departed.

As I continued down the street, I noticed Jesus sitting on the steps of Rick's front porch. I made my way to sit right next to him. He didn't seem to mind, nor was he nervous in any way.

"Hey, Jesus," I greeted him with a warm smile.

"Hey, Belle," he replied, offering his own smile.

"They banish you out here?" Jesus chucked at my question.

"No, Rick and Michonne were just caught in the middle of something."

I stared at him for a minute before connecting the dots. My eyes widened at the realization.

"You mean you walked in on--"

"No, no! Well, technically, no," he clarified.

I let out a small sigh of relief. Honestly, good for them, though. Rick needs someone.

"Well anyways, I'm really sorry about Rick and Daryl. They're both idiots."

"Ah, it's alright. They just want to keep you all safe. I get it. At least you got the truck."

"Yeah," I drew out the word, "about that. They sunk the truck."

Jesus looked at me puzzled. Honestly, if I was told this, I'd react the same way.