Chapter 51

Olivia took deep breaths immediately she realized just how much attention she was getting

Olivia took deep breaths immediately she realized just how much attention she was getting. Everyone were beginning to get out their phones to record. Amanda scoffed as she slowly turned around to see. She felt so embarrassed.

"Why do you keep doing this?" She quickly turned back to Amanda. "You did it when we were younger, while we were growing up. You always made me the bad guy and you the good one, I never really bothered about it because I just thought that it didn't matter what anyone thought about me. You wanted to be a doctor so badly that I thought, maybe, just maybe if I was the bad guy, if I accepted that role, it would have helped you retain a good reputation as a doctor." Olivia exhaled

"You were supposed to be my best friend-" Her voice broke just as tears welled up in her eyes "My sister-"

Amanda exhaled, she took a quick scan around the room. Somehow, Olivia had managed to gain a lot of attention. It was really embarrassing. She turned to her.

"Olivia," she whispered.

"I had a hard time growing up, being tagged a child with issues, a dangerous child because of you but you forgot to mention that in court didn't you?"

"Olivia please," Amanda drew in a deep breath, lowering her voice a bit

"Maybe I should tell them."

"Don't." Amanda whispered.

Olivia slowly turned to the crowd.

"Maybe it's time I told you guys the real truth." She announced just as more phones were rising in the air. "The truth Amanda has been hiding from you this whole time."

"Olivia," Amanda reached for her hand right before Olivia pulled it away.

"This lady here!" She yelled pointing at Amanda, "This lady and Victoria have been lying to you all for a long time. We didn't meet at the foundation, we knew ourselves way before then."

Amanda exhaled. She didn't know what to do.

"On the thirteenth of May, nineteen ninety seven, it was said that I was kicked out on the streets by my froster parents when they found out I tried to kill their son, but I wasn't alone that night." Olivia nodded her head just as the crowd began to murmur loudly "I wasn't alone because Amanda was right there with me. Apparently," Olivia sniffed, cleaning her face with the back of her hands. "Apparently, we were both adopted illegally by the same foster parents in apapa, Lagos state."

"Oh my God," Rafael's friend tapped his arm "Bro, did you know about this?"

Rafael was too busy listening to even respond. He was really surprised just like everyone else in the crowd.

"But that's not all. " Olivia continued. "Did you also know we were both kicked out because Amanda tried to kill their only son? She stabbed him on his arm with a knife, a seventeen year old who always made advances at us then." She slowly turned to Amanda who had almost lost her balance from shock and was falling to the ground before the other ladies caught her