4

*Peach*

Not long after Ash's visit, I found myself drifting to sleep. I don't know wether it's because I was tired or it was just an attempt to escape from this harsh reality. But in both cases, my sleep was deep for some reason. 

When I started to wake up, I felt the presence of someone in the room. I opened my eyes and a sweet voice that I missed rang into my ears.

_ Oh, dear God, my baby's waking up.

And that, everybody, is my mom. Abigail Stone Hood. The sweetest lady I've ever met. She was standing there in front of me, with her shoulder length hear neatly combed, wearing a dress that fits perfectly. She was not wearing makeup though but God knows how pretty she was. 

_ Mom, I've missed you, I said arms wide open for a hug 

_ I've missed you too, she replied welcoming the embrace.How I missed your smell, she added smiling at me.

_ Mom stop being so sweet, this is the hospital's smell, I chuckled, but yours is breathtaking actually.

She pulled away and sat on the chair next to me still smiling. A lot of people sat on this chair today.

_Where's Calum by the way? I asked 

Calum is my little brother. He's the funniest, the cutest and the craziest member of the family.

And I've missed him so much. I missed playing with his messy black hair when I'm bored.

I missed hanging out and sharing everything with him. 

_ I mean I know that he doesn't like hospitals and everything, but I missed him so much, I sighed. And what about dad? He didn't show up either, I stated.

_ He's a little bit sick so he stayed at home. You'll see him later, mom explained.

_ This is not like him! I was starting to say but I got interrupted by the doctor's arrival.

_Mrs Peach, how are you feeling now, the lady asked smiling.

_ I'm good I guess, I said.

_Well that's great because I have good news for you, you can leave the hospital tomorrow, she grinned.

_ And how about her treatment doctor? Mom intervened.

_ Well for starters, in most cases amnesia resolves itself without treatment. However, Psychotherapy is really helpful too, along with the medication needed of course. So I can suggest some names if you want. Besides, family support is crucial along with a targeted nutrition, the doctor explained.

While the doctor was speaking, I wasn't paying attention to what she was saying. It's not because I'm not happy to leave the hospital. Actually, I'm thrilled to leave. But there was something wrong with mom. I still don't know what it is but I'm getting suspicious.