10

*Peach*
Days have passed and I started to sink into routine. I started seeing a therapist to help me get my memories back as soon as possible, even though nothing has changed yet. I learnt how to live with Luke and he turned to be a very good person and a perfect chef. My mom didn't stop visiting me. Actually we spent a lot of time together: mom, Luke and I. But they always stuck around whenever I wanted to go out. So I started spending more time indoors and I went out on the terrace every night to see if I could find Michael and talk to him. I got a new phone too but it wasn't connected to internet because I shouldn't rush anything they said. So, I was finally able to talk to Ashton again. To be honest, we texted everyday. And that was really amazing. I got to know him well and talking to him became an important part of my day.
But today he sent me something different.
* Do you want to go to the movies?* the text reads.
I couldn't believe this. He's finally asking me out! I wanted to text him back and tell him *Hell yes I do* But I needed to chill. I shouldn't look like I'm dying to go out with him. Pride comes first.
So I decided to wait before answering. However, I couldn't stay calm while the phone was begging to me to answer as quick as possible. So, I started to look for an outfit to wear. I wanted to look beautiful. I mean, in addition to the fact that I'm going to go out with a handsome guy, it's actually my first date since the accident. I kept looking for something nice and without noticing I may have emptied my drawer.
The bed was covered with clothes and everything was a mess. Suddenly, the door opened and Luke entered the room after knocking.
_Hey, what are you doing? He asked looking at the mess i've made, are you going somewhere?
_ You're not going to believe what happened today! I smiled, I got a date.
_What? With who! He demanded.
_Ashton! You remember him! That guy I hit with the car. I mean this is so ironic. I'm going out with the guy I almost killed, I laughed, But isn't this exciting? I'm looking forward to this date.
He was silent for a moment but then he muttered a small "yay" and then left the room. I guess he was surprised. I can't blame him actually. I'm surprised too.
I kept looking for something good to wear, but I couldn't make up my mind on a specific outfit. It was wether too much or will make you look underdressed.
When I finally made a decision, the door opened again but this time it wasn't Luke. It was mom. Strange. She said she's not coming today.
_Where do you think you are going, young lady, she asked severely.
Oh no! Luke must have told her about the date thing.
_ To the movies, on a date, I answered.
_ No, you're not going anywhere, she said gazing at me.
_What! Why? I demanded.
_ Well because, I said you're not leaving the house, end of discussion, she replied.
_Mom stop being overprotective. I'm not going to spend my whole life in here, I snapped.
_ You can go out with me, or with Luke. I'm okay with that but you're not going anywhere with that Ashton guy! She clarified.
_ Why? I asked.
_Because I know nothing about him, he's a stranger, she answered.
_ But you've already met him in the hospital, I reminded her.
_For like ten seconds, now send him a message telling him you're not going, she ordered.
I frowned. I'm already feeling the tears in the back of my eyes and I was trying to block them out. And I guess she noticed that.
_Fine, at least send him a message to invite him to dinner tomorrow, she said.
What?This is so humiliating.
_ Do it, now, she pressed.
I took my phone and typed the words angrily. Then I sent him the text. Before leaving the room, mom stopped in her tracks.
_ I'm only doing this for your own good, she sighed and got out of the room when I refused to look at her or say something back.
My own good? That's not true! This is so unfair. I couldn't hold back the tears anymore, I could feel their warmth on my cheeks. I lied on the bed covering my head with the pillow to silence the sobs and I cried myself to sleep.