27

*Peach*

I put the piece of paper on the bar counter, just staring at the letters angrily. 

This freak was killing me. No traces left behind. Only mystery.

No permanent phone number that I could track, no handwriting to help me guess who's this, no slightest fact about  this anonymous. 

I raked my fingers through my hair, frustrated. Million questions were forming in my head.

Why the secrecy? Why the mystery? How is this going to help find out the truth? Is there a truth in the first place?

I took my phone again and typed a new message

*What's this? Are you kidding? That's it your truth? You could've send me this to my house*

* You work at the bar is not finished yet* 

It's not? 

*Go to the back door. Now*

I got up immediately taking my phone and the piece of paper with me then putting on the mask just in case. On my way to the back door, I felt all shaky and sweaty. All sort of sceanrios were playing in my mind. But I tried to shake them all away and kept moving forward with quiet steps until I reached the hallway leading to the back door. Luckily, no one was there. It was empty, with only a pale blue light piercing through its darkness. Here, I only could hear the echoes of the music.

*Open the door* my phone vibrated.

I looked behind me to check if I was safe to go for the last time then I stepped forward and put my hand on the door handle breathing in and out. 

What was behind this door? A person? Another clue? 

I opened it slowly, sneaking a look at the outside from the little crack.

The door opened to a dark path in which a car was parked at the end of it providing some light. 

A group of men were standing near the truck. Two big guys with massive bodies were holding another one forcing him to stand on his feet. This one was younger, shorter and thinner. Face down and arms tied up. In front of him stood another man wearing a suit. He tugged at his victim's hear to pull his head up and whispered something in his ear. 

My heart was beating faster now. What were they doing?

I couldn't see their faces. They were all wearing huge masks except for the thin guy.

The man in the suit pulled something from his jacket and inserted it in the young fellow's arm. Oh my god was that a knife? I couldn't tell. The victim was moving violently for a few minutes then he stopped all of a sudden. 

My eyes widened. What the hell was happening? 

The attacker turned to the car and opened the rear door. And before getting in he put off his mask but all I could see was the side of his face. Then the car moved away leaving the other three men behind. Before the lights were completely gone I saw the two big guys throwing the young man on the concrete.

I gasped at the sound of the body touching the floor. Was he dead? Did they kill him? Why?

I put my hand on my mouth to muffle my own whimpers. But to my bad luck, one of the men looked towards me. I wasn't even sure if he saw me but I started running like crazy until I reached the dance floor where I got into the crowd to hide. I was panting and sweating. I took off my mask and threw it away. This way, that man will not recognize me.

Suddenly my phone vibrated again.

*You're safe to leave*