7

*Luke*

On the ride home, Peach was looking outside the car window grinning. I have no idea why she was smiling but I guess it has something to do with Irwin.

I didn't like that guy. He was that kind of men who are definitely handsome but damn they are psychos. I feel it in my bones. 

Most of the ride was silent. Peach didn't look at me once. But, I couldn't help noticing her hand resting on her thigh. See, if we were in the same situation before the accident I wouldn't think twice before putting my hand on hers. But, now I have no right to touch her. Because, to her I'm no one but a stranger.

But then, I felt her eyes on me. Finally.

_ Do you know what happened to my phone? I mean I had a phone right? She asked pulling us out of the awkward silence.

Okay. This is a trick question. But, it's okay because I know the answer. Mrs Abby made sure I answer this way

_ Yes of course you did, but It was totally destroyed on the accident

_Ow shoot, she muttered.

Phew, that was close.

Actually, her phone is fine. The screen is broken but the device still works which is how she's still alive. The hospital gave it to her mother along with her bloody clothes but she thought this will only confuse Peach even more.

We finally got home. I helped Peach get out of the car and opened the door for her. I showed her to her room and I can see the surprise on her face.

_Mom brought all my stuff in here! she laughed.

No! Actually your mom took a lot of your stuff with her to avoid the suspicion.

_ Yea, she wanted you to feel comfortable, I ended up saying.

She smiled at me and I felt the urge to talk about another thing or else my heart will burst.

_How about showing you around? I suggested.

_ Yes, sure, she said.

We started moving around in the house, and I could see the awe in her eyes. It's really strange how things have changed. I mean this house was ours, now it's only mine. She used to know every corner in the house, and I used to ask her where my stuff was everytime. Now, I'm the one who's showing her around and she's moving like this is her first time here.

_I like your house. But I think there's a lack of memories here. I mean where are the pictures and stuff? she asked eying the empty walls.

Trust me, there were a lot of them, everywhere in the house. But I spent the last day packing every picture of us to hide them. They are evidence of our relationship.

Suddenly she stopped in front of the hallway table.

_Oh My God! I'm in love with this old fashioned radio. Look how cute it is, she said looking at me.

"You picked that, honey" I wanted to say but I only smiled at her in the end.

After finishing the tour, we sat on the living room couch. She seemed tired. But this time she didn't stay silent.

_ I'm sorry for coming here and for bothering you. I mean, I don't know why mom insisted on me staying with you, she sighed.

_ Because she's redoing the house. Plus, your mom already told you I'm like family. So, I don't mind you staying, I said.

Actually, if it was up to me I would never let you go.

_ You don't have a girlfriend? She asked.

I need her to feel safe when she's here. I don't want her to feel she's in danger.

_ Yes I do, I lied.

_ What if she minds me staying? She demanded.

_ No she won't, she's not the jealous type, I explained.

_ She must be really confident, she stated resting her head on the arm of the couch.

_Actually, she's not only confident. She's the strongest person I've ever known. She's pretty of course but she's also sensible, sensitive and kind. She's a mixture of strength and vulnerability. I don't know if this even makes sence but it does when it comes to her, I smiled recalling every moment of us together.

_ Wow, you're so in loooove... She whispered her eyes closed.

Yes, I am. I'm in love with you. I wish she could read my mind to know the truth without me messing her up with words. But,she's asleep now. God, how beautiful she is! How I missed waking up to this wonderful sight. Her black jet hair was spread amazingly on the couch. I wanted to run my fingers through her hair. I wanted that really bad. But I can't.